• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where are you skiing today!

drjeff

Burke today! Really tough headwind on your way down in the give or take a few degrees 0 degree air all day!!

An inch or so in the last 24hrs via a few squalls created some areas of legitimately decent snow in-between the machine groomed corduroy

7822c0313af166c7c8392369b8ca8060.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

Pez

Skied Butternut today (bought a season pass for next year) Icy, real icy.

Headed up to Mount Snow tomorrow.

4aprice

Today was the perfect example of why I will always renew my Camelback Pass as long as I live in New Jersey. Was going to take another weekend off when we got word that things had improved dramatically from last weekend. Kudos to the "Homestead" or "Back Yard Bump" Camelback. They turned on the snowmaking system and really have been going at it and conditions were surprisingly good. A pleasant surprise.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

cm0311

Need some advice on tomorrows weather. Bretton Woods seems to be fairing out the weather high 30's tomorrow. So I would assume rain or a mix for most of the day.

Probably best to stay home or can this actually soften up conditions?

I have the day off...so I'm trying to either talk myself into staying home or going.

Looking for advice from those who knows how it is out there on days like tomorrow.

prsboogie

Skied Crotched today. Hard and fast! Nuff said!ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1488848254.268857.jpgImageUploadedByAlpineZone1488848277.544159.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

bdfreetuna

Mt Rose today. Heavenly a couple days ago. I think there might be a thing as too much snow lol

Heavenly was the best powder day of my life though... ppl up here say it was the best day of the season. Mt Rose everything went on wind hold around 1:00 so the day got cut short although we did get a good feel for the mountain (and insane 670" season snowpack).

Tomorrow: Kirkwood
Then: Alpine, Squaw, and probably another day at Heavenly so we can try Nevada side (only Cali side was open on Sunday, the winds should stop tomorrow)

snoseek

Mt Rose today. Heavenly a couple days ago. I think there might be a thing as too much snow lol

Heavenly was the best powder day of my life though... ppl up here say it was the best day of the season. Mt Rose everything went on wind hold around 1:00 so the day got cut short although we did get a good feel for the mountain (and insane 670" season snowpack).

Tomorrow: Kirkwood
Then: Alpine, Squaw, and probably another day at Heavenly so we can try Nevada side (only Cali side was open on Sunday, the winds should stop tomorrow)

Dude you nailed it!

chuckstah

Loon today. (Again) turned into one of my best non pow days of the season. An inch of something overnight, sleet maybe, skied great. Legit corn bumps on Dipper and Triple Trouble. TT is getting thin, but it was worthy of many laps.
94c98ba10916d93a8a08c446a33220e4.jpg

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

bdfreetuna

Today was Kirkwood which was really cool in a lot of ways. Some hairy lines at that mountain, the hairiest of which we definitely did not ski. Was surprised but not surprised at some of the stuff (cliffs) people were skiing off.

Tomorrow was gonna be Alpine Meadows but since we are also going to Squaw on Friday, I thought maybe let's try Northstar tomorrow. From what it sounds they have more wood skiing and like, actual trails.. more familiar type of stuff for us.. kind of a little break from the exposed stuff before we head to Squaw.

Snow has turned from powder into spring snow, days in the upper 40s now and clear skies.

Short video of me and my wife on Kirkwood back side.. kind of choppy dense powder, usually she skis better ;)

Savemeasammy

Tomorrow was gonna be Alpine Meadows but since we are also going to Squaw on Friday, I thought maybe let's try Northstar tomorrow.

I'm sure the conditions at Northstar will be great, but you are going to miss out by skipping Alpine Meadows. Alpine is what skiing Tahoe is all about....

dlague

My wife gets the same way in powder chop - practice practice practice. However she has gotten used to that since we ski open bowl stuff more these days. Well we have not had powder chop for many weeks now.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

snoseek

I'm sure the conditions at Northstar will be great, but you are going to miss out by skipping Alpine Meadows. Alpine is what skiing Tahoe is all about....

I agree totally. I reserved Northstar for heavy storm days or icy groomer days. Would go to Homewood if you want trail/tree skiing at least.

snoseek

Crotched....windy. Hoping they subside a bit later

drjeff

Bromley - still just below zero at lunchtime with a decent wind!!! The 4-5" that fell in a squall overnight has the mountain skiing very nicely though!! Gotta love surprise powder days!!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

Pez

Mount Snow again today. Fun, but cold. They still have good coverage on most of the main runs. Let's hope they get a could dump this week... That will set them up for a good spring.