• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where in Vermont you be skiing/boarding in 2011-12

What Vermont areas will you ski/board in 2011-12

• Bolton Valley

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • Bromley

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • Burke

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Jay Peak

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Killington

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • Mad River Glen

Votes: 27 32.1%
  • Magic Mountain

Votes: 37 44.0%
  • Middlebury

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Mount Snow

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Okemo

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Pico

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • Smugglers

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • Stowe

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Stratton

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Sugarbush

Votes: 31 36.9%
  • Suicide Six

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'm going to try a poll of VT-NH-ME-NY biggies and see what the profile of this group looks like. Yeah, I'm leaving out the smaller places, and deliberately omitting MA and CT. We can have a mega-poll if this works out. Of course you can vote for as many resorts/hills as you want. But you're only allowed one vote per hill.

BenedictGomez

Jay and Smuggs I hit most of the time (I crash for free in St. Albans and they're both A+ hills).

Bolton Valley (usually get there at least one day per season)

Magic (Just because I have to try this place)

2sons

Thanks to Bill and discounted tickets- Magic, Pico, MRG and Stowe. Bolton Valley for winter break and I'd like to hit Burke for the first time.

4aprice

I hope to cover quite a bit of the Green Mt spine this season. Basing myself in the Castleton/Bomoseen/Rutland area to visit my daughter at CSC I've been mapping out and test driving a few routes to and from the mountains. Praying hard for the snow.:snow:

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

k123

Killington (hitting Killington on black friday with buy 1 get 1 coupon) and Magic (have two discount ticket vouchers) for sure.

Didn't select them in the poll but hoping to get to Stowe for ski club appreciation in March and Mount Snow to check out the new lift

RustyGroomer

Jay and Smuggs I hit most of the time (I crash for free in St. Albans and they're both A+ hills).

Bolton Valley (usually get there at least one day per season)

Magic (Just because I have to try this place)

You have Magic tour guides & a $40 ticket from me anytime. Same deal as last year. I bought 15 advanced tickets for 1st timers only. Honor system here. Not supposed to be transferable but Magic is cool with it in an effort to get new skiers there.

Technically i'm losing money on this deal. Not much tho & not worried about it. Everyone who I sold tickets to last year came back & brought others. Just let me know.

Greg

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
2 words - New York
well one more Connecticut

One word: Statistics.

a) CT was deliberately omitted
b) NY does not have a complete enough range of resorts to be staticially valid.

I'll run the surveys again later, when I get time to punch in every frigging resort. Problem is (for New York and Maine) it's waaaaaay more than the 20 selection limit.
Can we do Alabama instead? ;-)

Black Phantom

I'll run the surveys again later, when I get time to punch in every frigging resort. Problem is (for New York and Maine) it's waaaaaay more than the 20 selection limit.

Huh?

BenedictGomez

You have Magic tour guides & a $40 ticket from me anytime. Same deal as last year. I bought 15 advanced tickets for 1st timers only. Honor system here.

Will do. I'm a "last minute storm chaser", and I'm hoping for a biggin' to hit sometime Thursday to Saturday and make a weekend of it this season.

Was going to do Magic last year (March I think it was) when you guys were slated to get something like 18 - 22, but the storm only delivered something like 6ish if IIRC.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Only places I have concrete plans for are Sugarbush, Stowe and Killington.

I haven't decided on other mountains yet, but I'm leaning towards Magic as well as Bromley as I've never skied there.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com

SmellyTele was correctly pointing out that CT and NY skiers are significantly more likely to ski VT than NH because VT has overall a higher quality of ski areas and is significantly closer geographically.

BenedictGomez

Huh...:dontknow:... NY has the most ski areas out of any other state.

Yeah, but to be fair, a lot of them are so small they're inconsequential to be put in the spirit of what he was going for with his poll.

EDIT: Then again, I'm just noticing he has Middlebury and Suicide Six in the Vermont poll so maybe I'm a bit off on that.