• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where to go Mon, 1-7?

Mark_151

I was going to go to Okemo tomorrow for "spring skiing", but I've been thinking maybe Berkshire East now. They're both pretty much the same drive distance. Okemo is reporting 95% open, the Beast is a question mark because of lack of reporting on their web site, but a Beast patroller on another forum said it was pretty good. The Beast also has the advantage of a shorter walk to the parking lot, to make switch between alpine and tele easier. Input?

TheBEast

I skiied the BEast today and it was fantastic! Great coverage with some great natural snow trail coverage. They're pretty much 100% minus a couple of the woods runs. Best part is it will most likely be vacant there tomorrow so lots of fresh grooming to rip apart! There will be a little bit of everything there for everyone. Groomers, bumps and woods.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
just like the other thread - you need some objectives. With every resort pretty much having a solid base, other factors come into play, like whether the waffle house is open ;-) blah,blah, blah. For me, an objective, unlike most anyone else on this list, is to hit every damn resort in New England at some point. Sometimes things other than conditions and slope challenge come into play...

The most obvious thing about midweek is that the big resorts will not have lines. BE never has lines.

BE has always done a lousy job with marketing - including reporting conditions. But every time I've been there I've been pleasantly surprised. Remember, they have after school lessons programs, so it will get "busy" after 1-2pm...