• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whew.....now I'm glad nothing in the Dacks is likely to make it to Easter!

SKidds

'Cause it's never a good think when you hear a muscle go 'pop'.........and it would be even worse if it meant I couldn't ski when I was hoping to.

Pretty bad Grade II strain of my calf suffered while running soccer practice with my 12 year old's. Yeah, I really showed 'em the right way to do sprints!

So, here's to hoping it doesn't take a month for me to get on the golf course.....

hammer

'Cause it's never a good think when you hear a muscle go 'pop'.........and it would be even worse if it meant I couldn't ski when I was hoping to.

Pretty bad Grade II strain of my calf suffered while running soccer practice with my 12 year old's. Yeah, I really showed 'em the right way to do sprints!

So, here's to hoping it doesn't take a month for me to get on the golf course.....
Is that like having one "ripple"? That's what I had with my calf back in November...a few weeks of rest and I was OK for skiing.

SKidds

I've never experience "the ripple", but I'm guessing this is a little worse. It was an audible "pop", in conjunction with the feeling like I got hit with something in the leg. Muslce knotted up immediately and down I went. I can walk, though not well, so I'm not thinking a couple weeks is gonna do it. Hope I'm wrong. I've had plenty a pulled muscle in my day, but never anythign this bad. On the bright side.....the swelling is down and it isn't black and blue.....but I'll get to the doc soon anyway..

Puck it

I've never experience "the ripple", but I'm guessing this is a little worse. It was an audible "pop", in conjunction with the feeling like I got hit with something in the leg. Muslce knotted up immediately and down I went. I can walk, though not well, so I'm not thinking a couple weeks is gonna do it. Hope I'm wrong. I've had plenty a pulled muscle in my day, but never anythign this bad. On the bright side.....the swelling is down and it isn't black and blue.....but I'll get to the doc soon anyway..

Tore my bicep a couple years ago, I was skiing the bumps on Flying Goose at Sunapee. The pole got caught somehow behind and I pulled. I then felt a snap on the inside of the elbow like a rubber band snapping my bone. Like a roller shade up it went to my shoulder. Ended the ski season on 3/19 that year.

Black Phantom

Tore my bicep a couple years ago, I was skiing the bumps on Flying Goose at Sunapee. The pole got caught somehow behind and I pulled. I then felt a snap on the inside of the elbow like a rubber band snapping my bone. Like a roller shade up it went to my shoulder. Ended the ski season on 3/19 that year.

That must have hurt.:-(

What kind of gloves and poles where you using?:idea:

Puck it

That must have hurt.:-(

What kind of gloves and poles where you using?:idea:

Just hurt for that instant. Kept skiing for about an hour and half. I did not see the roller shade until I got home in the mirror.

I was wearing some Scott T32 gloves and Scott poles with the straps on. The pole did really catch on anything. Just got behind and I pulled just right. Surgery two days later. An abrupt to the season though.

SKidds

Ouch.

While I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night.....I've self diagnosed that I don't have a complete Grade III tear, in large part because my calf muscle didn't do the shade roll up thing and bunch up under my knee. Seems the muscle is still where it's s'posed to be and I can walk.

Warp Daddy

Yeah i pulled some stupid shit twice this month . I am dumber than a box of rocks sometimes .

I screwed my back doing a smallish huck a few weeks back --after some PT and rest i'm fine .

U'd think i 'd learn to chill out.

Yesterday i decided it would be good to run instead of doing my 3 mile walk. So about 2 miles into it OUT goes my friggin hamstring .,and i 'm headed to MA tomorrow to visit my daughter's family and was going to hit the links with my SIL and some of his buds. Got some PT and been doing the multiplr 4:1 's of RICE and still sore today and will be for awhile

What an 'effin tool !!!!-- It's now going to be a Cart if i play at all

SKidds

Don't beat yourself up for running instead of the walk. Stuff happens in life, and you never know. My wife's reaction to my injury? 'You should have cancelled soccer practice because it was wet!" Well, I suppose we could all cancel everything in life and sit inside....lest something bad happen? NOT!!!

I'm with you on being peeved about being able (or not being able) to play golf. Just when I was ready to get back out. I suppose I have more time to consider which iron set I'm gonna purchase.

Warp Daddy

Don't beat yourself up for running instead of the walk. Stuff happens in life, and you never know. My wife's reaction to my injury? 'You should have cancelled soccer practice because it was wet!" Well, I suppose we could all cancel everything in life and sit inside....lest something bad happen? NOT!!!

I'm with you on being peeved about being able (or not being able) to play golf. Just when I was ready to get back out. I suppose I have more time to consider which iron set I'm gonna purchase.

Right On -- life Ain't a Dress Rehearsal :D:D