• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who uses FRS/GMRS two way radios?

NHpowderhound

I got a couple for a gift a little more than a year ago and I love 'em! I give one to my kid and I can get a hold of him instantly in the nieghborhood. I've brought themm to different events such as the Bush North/ Modified race at NHIS,camping,hiking and skiing. At Firsttracksonline we use channel 3 subchannel 13 and can find if there are any FTO'er that might be around.
I'll be found on that channel this year if anyone wants to give me a shout. I'll leave it to Greg and the Mods if they wish to designate an "official" AZ channel. If my opinion counts,I'd leave it as is and let both communities share the channel.
:beer:
((*
*))NHPH

bvibert

Staff member
I have a couple we got as a gift too. They come in handy sometimes. I haven't used them too often for skiing yet though. I think having an official AZ channel is a good idea and I see no problem using FTO's channel... :)