• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter boot recommendations for wide (4E) feet

Shroud

I'm one of the unlucky few to have really wide feet compared to the average consumer. I typcially find myself needing a size 12/13 width 4E for shoes and boots. Does anyone else have experience with trying to find boots that fit such a wide foot? Most manufacturers, if they even offer a wide option, are only offering you a 2E which is still on the narrow side for me.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated since I'll be needing a new pair of winter boots this year.

JD

Website
hotmail.com
I run Muck Boots with a rubber lower and neoprene upper that comes up almost to my knee, but I canb roll down if they get too hot. Warm, good traction, and not too $$$$. I wouldn't hike in them, but for shoveling/walking the dog/slopping around they are perfect. I have a fairly wide foot and they are roomy.

campgottagopee

I run Muck Boots with a rubber lower and neoprene upper that comes up almost to my knee, but I canb roll down if they get too hot. Warm, good traction, and not too $$$$. I wouldn't hike in them, but for shoveling/walking the dog/slopping around they are perfect. I have a fairly wide foot and they are roomy.

+1 Been a Muck fan for years now---great stuff for not a lot of dough

mrzilliox

not a big gear guy, but the New Balance store in Brighton now carries a wide foot hiking boot.

I'm also a 12-4E and wore their old hiking boot ("Raniers"?) for several years before wearing it out. It was probably the most comfortable shoes/boots I owned.

The last few years I haven't seen any boots in the factory shop but of course 3 months after I buy a different brand, they show up again!