• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter Cloud Seeding here it comes. Now coming to more North American Ski Resorts and drought areas this season

MidnightJester

Until there is major proof with on Mountain snowpack increases I wonder how many Ski resorts will invest in this technology minimally on their property?

Vermont cloud seeding is from past tests not current mountains : (

I believe they were cloud seeded and100% man made snow at the last Olympics. They are also planning a Saudi Arabia winter resort in the desert will all man made snow if it comes to fruition. They even won a bullshit vote to host a "Asian winter games" to help build the infrastructure out.

Last edited:

BodeMiller1

This has been a thing for a long time. It was dreamed up for agriculture. With another dry season forecasted for the west? I remember ski areas talking about seeding snow back in the 80's.

Remember when the Romans would salt enemy fields so they couldn't grow crops. This is the opposite.

2Planker

Not cheap, and gives minimal results w/ little accuracy.

LBO talked about this 30+ years ago

urungus

You might want to check the date on the Vermont cloud seeding project you linked, LOL

MidnightJester