• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Yankees vs. Red Sox

SkiDog

JimG. said:
Beano, I never got that far in the process. The thought of needing a quarter to use a cart turned me off. And since it wasn't explained this way, we walked out and that store lost a customer. Frankly, if I knew that using a quarter was costing someone a job, I'd be even less likely to put a quarter in.

Anyway you slice it, lame.

And to need them for theft purposes in the area you are likely shopping in??? Man...for some reason I dont think thats a "high crime" area... ;-)

M

JimG.

Staff member
SkiDog said:
And to need them for theft purposes in the area you are likely shopping in??? Man...for some reason I dont think thats a "high crime" area... ;-)

M

Forget that I live in the woods for this discussion.

Unless those carts cost a quarter or less (I'm in the industry and I know they cost alot more) this practice is NOT A THEFT DETERRENT. If I needed a shopping cart, I wouldn't buy one...I'd go to this market and pay a quarter for one so I could steal it.

JimG.

Staff member
Fascinating that a Yankee/Red Sox thread has been hijacked by a discussion about shopping carts.

It's obvious that none of us are baseball players. Think they would care about paying 25 cents for a shopping cart?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Back on topic....

Sox win last night, ending a losing streak. Still 3 games up on NY I think...but the AL Central is HOT again.

SkiDog

BeanoNYC said:
Am I the only one who has gotten back to their car only to find a shopping cart has smashed into it?

NO i have, however I dont think that a quater is going to keep that from happening..I still see the stores that use this technique constantly have carts all over...I wouldnt bring mine back....a 100 ft walk is too long for a .25

M

skibum1321

SkiDog said:
NO i have, however I dont think that a quater is going to keep that from happening..I still see the stores that use this technique constantly have carts all over...I wouldnt bring mine back....a 100 ft walk is too long for a .25

M
I still think they should have corrals even if they make you pay the quarter. I don't think that many people would make the effort to return it for the quarter.

On topic:
It's about time the Sox beat the damn D-Rays. For some reason, they can't hit lefties - which the D-Rays have a lot of. Hopefully they can keep the momentum going into Chicago and shut Ozzie Guillen up.

JimG.

Staff member
skibum1321 said:
On topic:
It's about time the Sox beat the damn D-Rays. For some reason, they can't hit lefties - which the D-Rays have a lot of. Hopefully they can keep the momentum going into Chicago and shut Ozzie Guillen up.

D-Ray syndrome...the Yankees used to have this problem big time. It seems only last year they got past it, and even last year they lost an early season series to the D-Rays.

Another thing to consider is that the D-Rays aren't that bad anymore.

nelsapbm

One of my biggest pet peeves are carts in parking lots. Whats so hard about walking it over to a corral?
Anywho....go Sox. Going to see them vs. Yanks in August then a road trip to Baltimore to see the Sox and check out Camden Yards.

BeanoNYC

skibum1321 said:
I still think they should have corrals even if they make you pay the quarter.

There ARE corrals. You can get your quarter back there. All you have to do is attach said shopping cart to another in the corral.

Zand

JimG. said:
D-Ray syndrome...the Yankees used to have this problem big time. It seems only last year they got past it, and even last year they lost an early season series to the D-Rays.

Another thing to consider is that the D-Rays aren't that bad anymore.

They got over it last season? They went 5-13 (or so) against the Devil Rays last year.The Red Sox are 8-6 against them this year, including a 4 game sweep at home.

JimG.

Staff member
Zand said:
They got over it last season? They went 5-13 (or so) against the Devil Rays last year.The Red Sox are 8-6 against them this year, including a 4 game sweep at home.

OK, but my point is that they were something like 1-12 and then went 4-1 in the last games of the year against the D-Rays.

skibum1321

You're right that the D-Rays are getting better, but we still shouldn't be dropping 3 of 4 to them. We can take 2 of 3 from one of the best teams in baseball (White Sox) but we lose 3 of 4 to a team that is 18 games or so back of us. But in the next couple of years they will be pretty good - lots of good young players. The problem is that they will eternally have to compete with the Sox and Yanks - same problem the Blue Jays and Orioles face.

Also, that was a real heartbreaker last night - losing in 19 innings after a rare blown save by Papelbon.