• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your 2021 Ski/Ride Christmas List

thetrailboss

Staff member
Anyone asking Santa for any goodies this year?

Other than lots of snow, I asked to renew my New England Ski Museum Membership, some Burke goodies, gift cards for my ski areas, and a few other odds and ends.

Historically, my season pass is my birthday present. Sometimes it is Christmas.

I did splurge on myself and got a new jacket from the local Arc'teryx jacket that was on super discount. Still a good amount of coin, but a good deal.

Edd

I could use a new set of powder skis if you guys are in a giving mood. I ripped a binding out of mine a couple of seasons ago and they still make me nervous. Pretty sure I didn’t use them last year. KTP does a 50% sale on hard goods in January usually but not sure if that’ll happen this year with the way things are.

kendo

Twelve Days of Christmas - wish list!

12 black diamond trails open
11 powder inches
10 snowmakers working
9 lifts a spinning
8 bowls of chili
7 days out West
6 pack with friends
5 w e e k s i n S t o w e
4Runner ski on
3 NE resorts sold by Vail
2 TurtleFur gaiters
and a Beer on the Lift

Kingslug20

Oh yeah..bought a boot dryer after i almost melted mine by the fireplace

Cornhead

Getting:
New jacket, REI Powderhound, lightly insulated, I was going to order a GTX shell, but it's $100 more. I still have a Columbia rain jacket that I can use if it's too warm for the REI. I've been using it as my winter shell the last couple seasons, I'm afraid I can't fit too many layers under it now.

New Helmet, Wildhorn Drift, I have a POC, I also have Outdoor Tech Chips 2.0, I sewed a couple stretchy nylon straps into the earpieces of the POC with mixed results. The Drift is audio ready. I will be happy to get rid of the earbud cord. I noticed already that taking pics on the hill is alot easier with my phone free.

Some tech sensitive liner gloves. Seemed like a good idea, don't seem to work very well.

I'm receiving the jacket as a gift, the others are gifts to myself.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I picked up a set of these adaptable lense goggles I had read about and they're great

I am also doing Adult Race League this year, so I decided to splurge on a pair of used Rossignol Hero Masters GS skis. I'll still probably suck as I've never been great at gates. I won't be able to blame having slow skis now though. Haha

drjeff

I picked up a set of these adaptable lense goggles I had read about and they're great

I am also doing Adult Race League this year, so I decided to splurge on a pair of used Rossignol Hero Masters GS skis. I'll still probably suck as I've never been great at gates. I won't be able to blame having slow skis now though. Haha

I got a pair of those Glade Optics goggles last February. Been very happy with them in all but the brightest of days (then again I am a blue eyed, fair skinned person who spends a good deal of the time squinting quite a bit on sunny days unless I have a darker pair of sunglasses/goggles on so take that with a grain of salt). Very happy with them in medium to low light situations and night skiing as well.

Have fun with beer league racing this year! And we'll know that you're getting serious again about gates if you start posting that you're looking to pick up a GS suit! (No pictures please! ;) :ROFLMAO: :eek: )

deadheadskier

Staff member
I got a pair of those Glade Optics goggles last February. Been very happy with them in all but the brightest of days (then again I am a blue eyed, fair skinned person who spends a good deal of the time squinting quite a bit on sunny days unless I have a darker pair of sunglasses/goggles on so take that with a grain of salt). Very happy with them in medium to low light situations and night skiing as well.

Have fun with beer league racing this year! And we'll know that you're getting serious again about gates if you start posting that you're looking to pick up a GS suit! (No pictures please! ;) :ROFLMAO: :eek: )

I have a set of Descente 80s slalom padded stretch pants I bought as a Halloween costume about 30# ago. If I get my act in gear and back down to that fighting weight perhaps I'll race in them. 😆

thetrailboss

Staff member
Twelve Days of Christmas - wish list!

12 black diamond trails open
11 powder inches
10 snowmakers working
9 lifts a spinning
8 bowls of chili
7 days out West
6 pack with friends
5 w e e k s i n S t o w e
4Runner ski on
3 NE resorts sold by Vail
2 TurtleFur gaiters
and a Beer on the Lift
That’s awesome!!!

Arcteryx Proton LT midlayer. Have had their Atom LT for a few years and really like it but the Proton is supposed to be substantially more breathable.

Edd

And we'll know that you're getting serious again about gates if you start posting that you're looking to pick up a GS suit! (No pictures please! ;) :ROFLMAO: :eek: )
Please don’t discourage him, posting pictures of yourself on the internet in a GS suit is really smart.