• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River 2-25-07

uphillklimber

Resort or Ski Area
Attitash
Date
May 26, 2021
Snow Conditions
  1. Powder
x

Last edited:

Skier75

Yep, we had a great day! Was a bit surprised early on about how it was more windy than the forcast called for. I should know better, but really wasn't that bad. Normally I don't need a baclava, but on the last few really cold weekends I got used to the warmth on my forehead, so after the first run, I went back into the lodge for it.

Going down Right Stuff for 1st run, we somewhat intiminating, just the first section that was icy. I hate that, it makes me take the defensive stance, takes me a liitle bit to get out of that after sking hard pack ice. That is always hard on my knee, cause I push so hard, so as not to fall. The bottom part of Right Stuff was pretty nice though, that's when I get back into better form. I keep trying to work on form on the easier trails, so I can tranform that on the harder ones. The ice still gets me though. As I was coming down Escapade in pretty good form and at a fairly decent pace when a few times I could feel some ice just under the snow that almost got me a few times, but didn't. I was feeling pretty good about today.

We skied pretty hard until about 10:30ish, when we were all the way over to Jordan Bowl, when my quads decided they needed a break. Well, I was ;) also, thinking hubby probaby could use one too, since he took a digger ;), JK He surprised me when I came over that headwall and he was picking his stuff up...that's usually me. Probably just as well we decided to take that break since I started to get hungry, anyway. After the break is when we went up to hit Bims Whim. I was a little disappointed in the condition of that trail....but guess you just gotta take what we get. Just an awsome day all in all!

Terry

My wife and I were there also today. We parked at Whitecap lodge and decided that we would go directly over to Jordan and then work our way back. We were just pulling up to the spruce triple and I looked over and saw Bobr skiing up. He was with a friend of his, Larry. So we skied with them all morning at Jordan and Aurora. We decided about 1130 that it was time for a beer so we headed to barker bar. Bob and Larry had to get going so we had a couple of beers and we saw Thaller1 and Walter. We ended up skiing the rest of the afternoon with them. Had a great day, and a great weekend! Good weather, good company, good skiing and good beer. It doesn't get any better than that! :beer: