• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Singles line?

ThatGuy

I don’t think anyone can say for certain what measures will be taken against Covid this season. Hopefully we have a singles line though since vaccines are available for anyone who wants one and outdoor transmission in lift lines seems negligible anyway.

djd66

I hope singles line will be back. It was painful watchIng a quad go up with 1 person last year at Sugarbush,… Actually, it was ridiculous. I am assuming they will require masks inside, but out doors??? I hope not.

Edd

I can see them requiring masks on the lifts still. That would help them justify bringing back the singles line.

tumbler

I can see them requiring masks on the lifts still. That would help them justify bringing back the singles line.
And justify loading chairs to their full capacity. I'm cautiously optimistic that since VT has not gone into lockdown yet that the rules will be back to normal.

JimG.

Staff member
I'm still worried that there will be travel restrictions again requiring 2 week quarantines. And parking reservations.

Got my K midweek pass but have only until 9/30 to decide to keep it or get a refund.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I don’t think anyone can say for certain what measures will be taken against Covid this season. Hopefully we have a singles line though since vaccines are available for anyone who wants one and outdoor transmission in lift lines seems negligible anyway.
I almost started a thread asking if anyone has any intel on what to expect in just over two months. I fear that we are going to have another winter of line clusterf*ck because of COVID.

Zand

The Delta variant spike has leveled off, not that we know what could come next. I'm going to assume (probably incorrectly) that things won't be any worse COVID-wise during the winter than they have been during the past 2 months. With that assumption, there also shouldn't be any capacity limitations or outdoor mask rules as we didn't see any this summer besides in some big cities. Wouldn't be surprised to see indoor mask rules, but I don't expect capacity limitations in lodges if packing 100,000 people into stadiums is okay at the same time.

I try to mostly ski midweek, so other than Jackson in February I never really dealt with long lines last year with the reduced capacities. I avoided weekends like the plague (no pun intended). I just hope there are no stupid outdoor mask rules this year. Science suggests that masks are useless outdoors. Having to wear a mask in 25 minute lines at Jackson was much worse than wearing a mask at amusement parks in the middle of July last year, and I won't do it again this year. If it means avoiding certain states/ski areas, so be it.

thetrailboss

Staff member
The Delta variant spike has leveled off, not that we know what could come next. I'm going to assume (probably incorrectly) that things won't be any worse COVID-wise during the winter than they have been during the past 2 months. With that assumption, there also shouldn't be any capacity limitations or outdoor mask rules as we didn't see any this summer besides in some big cities. Wouldn't be surprised to see indoor mask rules, but I don't expect capacity limitations in lodges if packing 100,000 people into stadiums is okay at the same time.

I try to mostly ski midweek, so other than Jackson in February I never really dealt with long lines last year with the reduced capacities. I avoided weekends like the plague (no pun intended). I just hope there are no stupid outdoor mask rules this year. Science suggests that masks are useless outdoors. Having to wear a mask in 25 minute lines at Jackson was much worse than wearing a mask at amusement parks in the middle of July last year, and I won't do it again this year. If it means avoiding certain states/ski areas, so be it.
I fear that things will differ state-by-state once again with some saying, “fuck it”, while others are stricter. It only prolongs the pain when we’re as divided as we are.

Zand

I fear that things will differ state-by-state once again with some saying, “fuck it”, while others are stricter. It only prolongs the pain when we’re as divided as we are.
The bizarre thing to me is that Utah felt the most " strict" of everywhere i skied, especially being late season. Sure, in December and January NH basically forced you to stay outside except the restroom. By March Maine and NH let you in the lodge bascially like normal sans some capacity restrictions and Jackson's lodges were mobbed. But Utah in April they were being sticklers about everything. Solitude's lodge had 10 high top tables with no chairs. Alta was totally closed and you had to use the locker room bathrooms and get bitched at by the locals if there was more than 1 person inside. Snowbird's summit lodge seemed pretty normal. Definitely a bit more spaced out but not crazy.

One thing i will miss is solo gondola rides. It was kind of nice at Loon not being packed in.

skiur

Last may at K masks were not required to ride the lifts and singles lines were back (sort of because there isn't much line management at superstar in may) so I see no reason to change away from that.

Mum skier

I would willing wear a mask in the lift line and on the lift if it allowed for a singles line, fully capacity on chairs and shorter wait times. As a family with kids we are stuck with weekend and holidays to ski so anything to bring down those lines is acceptable to me. Not sure if they can have different policies for peak and mid week.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

I would favor it for fully outdoor lifts. For bubble chairs and gondolas I would say keep them to one party only.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I almost started a thread asking if anyone has any intel on what to expect in just over two months. I fear that we are going to have another winter of line clusterf*ck because of COVID.

I do.

I was told it'll be operations as normal....singles line returning, no masks outdoors, no ghost lanes in lift mazes, chairs at capacity.