• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ignore Krusty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have thought law school would have taught you free speech does not mean you can say any little thought that comes into your head.

Serious question for the administrators and moderators of this forum. Is the behavior Krusty has posted on this board acceptable? Many folks shared in the diesel thread their view and yet an old dad scolding is the response? Is there a line which is not acceptable? How far over from Krusty’s behavior is it? Shocked and dismayed at the response so far.

KustyTheKlown

This fuckin guy joined this board, contributes NOTHING about skiing, was a constantly trolling right wing asshole to many, particularly to me, and then cried like a little baby snowflake when someone trolled him back. Pathetic. Then his MAGA cheerleaders all start crying too. Why don’t you all go ban some books for school kids

skiur

Its an internet message board. If you are offended and take personally what someone says maybe you need to get thicker skin or not come on the internet. The internet is not some safe happy place where everybody's $hit smells like roses. Seek professional help if what some person you don't know and never will says something that upsets you because it is not healthy to let things like that get to you. And letting it get to you is exactly what they want.

NYDB

I just wish every thread didn't devolve into fox news talking points. pre covid there was NO political talk allowed.

now every thread is politics. And the level of political discourse on this website is grade school level. it's not worth engaging in from either side.

and it's clear that several members have joined just to troll about politics.

BodeMiller1

I just wish every thread didn't devolve into fox news talking points. pre covid there was NO political talk allowed.

now every thread is politics. And the level of political discourse on this website is grade school level. it's not worth engaging in from either side.

I agree with NYDB. This guy seems to have a very strong sense of right and wrong and other types of amazing powers of observation, if you will. You can only free the disembawler inside you.

Attachments

• PICCA.jpg
    PICCA.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 2

cdskier

There's literally a no politics rule on this forum and while I can appreciate that some small degree of political related commentary is inevitable (and perhaps necessary) when talking about some skiing topics, there are many other posts that are just blatant violations of this rule. It would be nice to see this stopped for a change...

slatham

Rules or no rules many of the threads here have devolved into making the entire board less interesting to me. We need to get back on topic, which is skiing.

EPB

There's literally a no politics rule on this forum and while I can appreciate that some small degree of political related commentary is inevitable (and perhaps necessary) when talking about some skiing topics, there are many other posts that are just blatant violations of this rule. It would be nice to see this stopped for a change...
This is exactly right. Input prices or ski area wages certainly touch the political (especially in 2022), but the way that any discussion like that predictably becomes a one way road to stupid memes and vile comments shows a deep inability for many users to refrain from acting like children.

The discussion of free speech in here is so off the mark, too. This is a skiing forum. The hardcore right and hardcore left takes here are not only irrelevant, but almost always unoriginal. The thought that any legitimate insight would be censored is silly at best. The issue is simple: is one drifting off topic and/or needlessly being a jerk, or not?

I suspect that a major issue for moderation is that several prolific nonsense posters are prolific posters in general.

ThatGuy

Here’s something everyone should be able to agree on regardless of religion, politics, or any other dispositions…Its in bad taste and immature to wish death/extermination upon anyone regardless of whether you agree with them or they are egging you on.

The ignore button is here for a reason and its very easy to make another account so banning has workarounds.

cdskier

Here’s something everyone should be able to agree on regardless of religion, politics, or any other dispositions…Its in bad taste and immature to wish death/extermination upon anyone regardless of whether you agree with them or they are egging you on.

Agreed. Those type of comments are childish and pathetic and completely cross a line. There's absolutely no need for them no matter how much you disagree with someone.

Domeskier

Before my time here, but what exactly did the disembowler and that grilled cheese sandwich guy do to warrant a ban? Was Greg just stricter with rule violations?

Edit: with the ignore feature, I think banning a genuine contributor as opposed to a bot or spammer is not really necessary.

skiur

Greg actually logged onto the site, Nick rarely does which has turned the site into a free for all.

Edd

Before my time here, but what exactly did the disembowler and that grilled cheese sandwich guy do to warrant a ban? Was Greg just stricter with rule violations?

Edit: with the ignore feature, I think banning a genuine contributor as opposed to a bot or spammer is not really necessary.
On another forum I go to, I learned the ignore feature has the side effect of removing any threads that person started from your sight. So, even if that person annoys you, they may have started a thread with content you actually want to read but now you can’t. I’d bet it works the same here but not certain.

NYDB

On another forum I go to, I learned the ignore feature has the side effect of removing any threads that person started from your sight. So, even if that person annoys you, they may have started a thread with content you actually want to read but now you can’t. I’d bet it works the same here but not certain.
it works the same way here

Hawk

I missed it. What thread did this all come from. I assume Krusty hit a nerve.

I hate 2022 politics. Everything is a lie. I stopped listening and joining in even with my family. The win at no cost no matter what tactics are sickening.

Like I said before. I am out.

Krusty can stay as far as i'm concerned. He is over the top but there are others that irk me more. at least it is colorful.

Status
Not open for further replies.