• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing Passover (Mon / Tues)

Abominable

Just found out the kids are off school Mon and Tues. Contemplating a slopeside seder. What's open and worth it and not a whole day's drive from the greater NY metro?

Quick look around and I think Jay might be the only realistic option. I have an Indy, and the kids would love the waterpark (which unfortunately closes at six instead of eight pm as they wind down the year). Long haul at 5 1/2 hrs but I'm not seeing anyone else open midweek.

Other options? Anyone skiing that far north? From what I can tell lining up the trail report and trail map, seems like there should be enough open to keep everyone happy for two days. Barring wind, the tram will be running, yes? With an intermediate way down?

thebigo

I am currently making the same decision. your choices for lift served skiing in new england on monday and tuesday are jay, killington, sugarbush and sugarloaf.

killington - superstar only
sugarloaf - skyline and super quad
jay - website indicates everything but the flyer however tram appears closed today
sugarbush - dont have a pass, did not check

we historically spend april vacation at killington, it is great having the place to yourself but leaning jay this year for variety and open terrain. i suspect the best actual skiing next week will be at sugarloaf.

chuckstah

I am currently making the same decision. your choices for lift served skiing in new england on monday and tuesday are jay, killington, sugarbush and sugarloaf.

killington - superstar only
sugarloaf - skyline and super quad
jay - website indicates everything but the flyer however tram appears closed today
sugarbush - dont have a pass, did not check

we historically spend april vacation at killington, it is great having the place to yourself but leaning jay this year for variety and open terrain. i suspect the best actual skiing next week will be at sugarloaf.
Sugarbush is a maybe per recent snow report. They might go to weekends after Sunday. Sugarloaf should be the best, by far. I never count on Jay running the tram.

Abominable

For some reason I completely forgot to consider Sugarbush. That would have been a good choice.

Unfortunately, work got in the way, so I'll be taking off the snows and changing the ski carrier over to kayak carrier this weekend. Hope some of you guys get some last licks in and post reports. I'm still riding the high of getting that last day at Whiteface with the eclipse - that will carry me into next season.

Thanks for the responses.

Reactions: abc

MidnightJester

This weekend is the "One more good weekend" with decent trail numbers and more lifts still running at the remaining mountains. I am using up my last few tickets available and hopefully hitting up Jay peak on Monday and Killington or Stowe for the weekend run : )

parahelia

Yeah, there definitely are still some decent offerings out there. I had been planning to ski both days at SR as part of my winter condo close-down, but then I looked at Sugarloaf's trail count. The Loaf still has 109 trails open, and with Skyline/Timberline running, you can access almost everything. Guess I'll be day tripping from Newry at least one day this weekend...

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
While Killington will just run the Superstar chair, most everything in that pod is open. No green circle stuff, but lots of Blue Squares and probably the top half of Needle's Eye and Panic Button.

parahelia

Sugarloaf still had terrific cover today - I covered the whole span from Ripsaw to west of Timberline. Rain in the morning (some snow at elevation) but it tapered midday and turned to sun by 2pm. Those woods in pics 1 & 2 are just downwind of Gondi Line's snowmaking and always stay deep late - so much fun.

Sunday River tomorrow and that's probably it for me. It should be fun with some of Oz still open. Call me a happy Boyne customer - the NE Pass reliably has good options deep into April, with Sugarloaf for early May.

IMG_1635.JPGIMG_1641.JPGIMG_1638.JPG