• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ALPINEZONE SUMMIT at SUGARLOAF: March 26-28, 2010

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Don't think it's been mentioned, but for those folks who dig live music, the Rustic Overtones are playing in the base lodge Saturday night. I've seen a couple shows in the lodge at Sugarloaf and they always draw a crowd; great party.

Those guys rock. I saw them at Higher Ground (when it was still in Winooski) 7 or 8 years ago.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Just picked up my two pairs of skis from their tuning appointment. Now I'm all set to lay down some edges.
Things to do yet:
Pack ski gear (coat, pants, googles, Helmet, gloves)
Pack clothes (or maybe I'll just wear the same stuff all weekend...)
Pack toothbrush
Pack Sunglasses!
Buy some beer. Any liquer requests?
Bring University of Northern Iowa gear, who wants to watch them tomorrow night with me (and no I'm not an instant bandwagon march Madness fan. I actually went to College there in case anyone is wondering why I have their "gear")

Greg

Staff member
second ride on the superquad....... :razz:

Greg

Staff member
um....variable...packed powder, mank, ice, corn. its an aspect and elevation dependent day. king pine area is the best combo. corn city.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Holy smokes! I was just mapping out the drive and I never realized how "close" (relatively) the Loaf is from where I live. Saddleback is 3:45 and the Loaf is 3:50 (and via a road without frost heaves!). :eek: Loaf is one hour from Saddleback so I figured Loaf was a longer haul but Route 2 through Farmington is essentially the same time even though it is over 30 miles (nearly 20% more) further than Saddleback. Damn it, I had no idea Loaf was in day trip range from here! Not that I consider anything over 3 hours day trip range but I do try to day trip Saddleback once a season.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Hey, is any one else excited about the Loaf this weekend? :spin:

Last time I was there was literally just over half a life time ago. I was not even in high school yet, I don't think. So many good memories....

It could be boiler plate up there all weekend and I wouldn't care...

And like I was telling my co-workers today... since I only day drip and never stay over night to ski... worst case is I get to hang with a bunch of great guys and belly up to the bar and drink all day and night. Never get to do that as a day tripper! :D

Greg

Staff member
Haven't been here in 5 years. I forgot just how massive this hill is.

Paul

And like I was telling my co-workers today... since I only day drip and never stay over night to ski... worst case is I get to hang with a bunch of great guys and belly up to the bar and drink all day and night. Never get to do that as a day tripper! :D

You mean there are people going there to ski?

wa-loaf

In Maine about 1.5 hrs from Loaf/Saddleback. Psyched for tomorrow and the whole weekend!

JimG.

Staff member
Sitting in BobR's condo at SR.

Very nice...ski in-ski out.

Will be at SL tomorrow after sking.

klrskiah

I'll be working the king pine chair this weekend.. see you guys up there! Saturday looks cold, but with light winds and sunshine. Try to avoid the SQ mid-morning if you want to avoid the crowds. King Pine gets the sun first thing in the AM, and Timberline gets the afternoon rays. Groomers should be in good shape. looks like possible snow monday?!