• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

13 Things Everyone From New England Knows

Conrad

Website
www.youtube.com
Normally I wouldn't start an entire thread on something like this, but this video gives Nick a cameo appearance from the AlpineZone YouTube video: ""Spring" Skiing at Sugarbush in the Mad River Valley, Vermont | AlpineZone"

Other than the mistake in which they describe Winter as terrible, what do you think of the video? I think it is pretty obvious that it comes from a tourists perspective.

ScottySkis

Normally I wouldn't start an entire thread on something like this, but this video gives Nick a cameo appearance from the AlpineZone YouTube video: ""Spring" Skiing at Sugarbush in the Mad River Valley, Vermont | AlpineZone"

Other than the mistake in which they describe Winter as terrible, what do you think of the video? I think it is pretty obvious that it comes from a tourists perspective.

If it wasn't trod winter most of new England tourism industry wouldn't exist.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I'd like to know the percentage of people in New England that actually like winter. It's probably less than 20%. I'd even believe less than 10%. Think of all the people you know. How many of them think of you're a nut for liking winter?

thetrailboss

Staff member
I love how they say shop at your local supermarket and then show the chain stores owned by national and multinational companies....

:roll:

bvibert

Staff member
I'd like to know the percentage of people in New England that actually like winter. It's probably less than 20%. I'd even believe less than 10%. Think of all the people you know. How many of them think of you're a nut for liking winter?

Their opinion doesn't count.

Edd

If it wasn't trod winter most of new England tourism industry wouldn't exist.

I don't know. North Conway, NH is busier in the summer than winter, even with all of the nearby ski areas. There's alot of other examples like Old Orchard Beach in Maine, loaded with Canadians. I suspect the summer tourism is significantly stronger than trod winter.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I suspect the summer tourism is significantly stronger than trod winter.

I remember hearing that was true of Jackson Hole. Considering the camping in the Whites and boating in the lakes region I can see it being true in NH. But donuts better than picking apples?! Yeah I can see that too.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Huck_It_Baby

Burlington us way more alive in the summer. Beaches, boating, camping, outdoor restaurants and bars, etc.

I miss winter everday but this place is a summer town for sure!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AlpineZone mobile app

4aprice

Summer will always be stronger visitor wise. I've heard only 1 -4% of the population skis/boards. Add other winter activities (maybe another 4%) and there's not too many people to draw from. If I weren't a winter sport fanatic I don't think I would stay in the Northeast. They took away by vote Presidents week (down to 2 days not a week) in our town because no one does anything in winter (Suburban NYC).

Alex

LAke Hopatcong, NJ

ScottySkis

Summer will always be stronger visitor wise. I've heard only 1 -4% of the population skis/boards. Add other winter activities (maybe another 4%) and there's not too many people to draw from. If I weren't a winter sport fanatic I don't think I would stay in the Northeast. They took away by vote Presidents week (down to 2 days not a week) in our town because no one does anything in winter (Suburban NYC).

Alex

LAke Hopatcong, NJ

I know I grew up in long island and we all played hockey and ice skated in winter. Now I live in lower Sullivan County and no one really goes outside here in winter it ashamed ,I guess most are playing video games.