• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

JDMRoma

2 inches overnight and still snowing !
Powda day face shots I'm sure.
In this season it should be epic !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

wtcobb

Been snowing almost constantly if lightly the past few days. Next week looks like it could get heavy, too. Should make for a good vacation week.

Just in time for me to head west, too.

SIKSKIER

There not there yet ! On the way right now

Yes they were.This is MM JD's FB page at 2 PM.

Plymouth State University Day @ Cannon... some of their peeps don't ski, so I snuck 'em up on the Tram for a quick snowshoe jaunt around the top... and we had so much fun that I have a 2nd group heading out with me soon.

Attachments

• plymouth.jpg
    plymouth.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 213

JDMRoma

Yes they were.This is MM JD's FB page at 2 PM.

Plymouth State University Day @ Cannon... some of their peeps don't ski, so I snuck 'em up on the Tram for a quick snowshoe jaunt around the top... and we had so much fun that I have a 2nd group heading out with me soon.

Pretty darn Cool ! Kudos to Cannon for hosting PSU yesterday. They had an awesome day !!

SIKSKIER

Crazy how empty it was this weekend.Saturday the snow was the best so far this year.Ski on the lift everywhere I was.Barons run was so good I ended up doing 7 laps.Its was like having your own mt.They will be making snow on the other trail with sm lines.I believe they are calling it Cannonball.Lookd like a nice trail also except where it turns back to the cutback for Barons.Pretty narrow and a right turn.Sunday was absolutely empty.I left at 11:30 and the lower 3 pods on Brookside as well as the parking on that road was had about 5 total cars.Wow!What a bust.

dlague

Crazy how empty it was this weekend.Saturday the snow was the best so far this year.Ski on the lift everywhere I was.Barons run was so good I ended up doing 7 laps.Its was like having your own mt.They will be making snow on the other trail with sm lines.I believe they are calling it Cannonball.Lookd like a nice trail also except where it turns back to the cutback for Barons.Pretty narrow and a right turn.Sunday was absolutely empty.I left at 11:30 and the lower 3 pods on Brookside as well as the parking on that road was had about 5 total cars.Wow!What a bust.

Yup and we are Cannon regulars that did not get out. The news made Saturday out to be bad and my wife and son wanted no part of it. Turns out the morning was actually pretty good. I was a little perturbed about it all. We almost went around 11 but temps were dropping and we took the weekend as a loss! This season has been so weird!

fcksummer

Website
fck-summer.tumblr.com
Yup and we are Cannon regulars that did not get out. The news made Saturday out to be bad and my wife and son wanted no part of it. Turns out the morning was actually pretty good. I was a little perturbed about it all. We almost went around 11 but temps were dropping and we took the weekend as a loss! This season has been so weird!

You guys definitely missed out on Saturday, it was excellent. The weather was fine in the morning...the afternoon was definitely cold but you didn't notice it unless you were on a lift. Luckily the tram wasn't getting stuck/evacuated and there was about a grand total of 10 people riding it. Avalanche was too good to pass up so we got a bunch of top to bottom runs in.

chuckstah

Snow making is to begin soon on Skyline, Ridge run and TBD (stupid name) at Mittersill, according to snow report. I didn't think this route had pipe yet? Two routes will be better than one for sure. Dragging hose maybe?

JDMRoma

Snow making is to begin soon on Skyline, Ridge run and TBD (stupid name) at Mittersill, according to snow report. I didn't think this route had pipe yet? Two routes will be better than one for sure. Dragging hose maybe?

No looks like there's a lot of pipe going over that way. From what you can see on the double chair

chuckstah

No looks like there's a lot of pipe going over that way. From what you can see on the double chair

Sounds good, hate the changes, but if they can get it open might as well at this point

SIKSKIER

Actually,I was wrong on posting Cannonball trail.The sm line goes down Skyline and is clearly visable riding the chair coming out of Ridge run over the top of the new Taft training slope.It then headsunder the chairand down that stupid TBD trail which looks pretty sweet.The exit from it does not.An abrubt right turn to a narrow cut back.It is shown pretty good on the trail map.That right turn exit is going to be beat up bad since its so narrow.

Los

Wet and windy at Cannon today. Which hasn't deterred the crowds of course. Cannon's weather report says the "big storm" that was expected Wednesday is now headed to NY and that instead we can expect more rain.

For NH anyway, this is truly the ski season from hell.

JDMRoma

If cannon gets rain next week it will be toast ! It's borderline right now.

KustyTheKlown

Wet and windy at Cannon today. Which hasn't deterred the crowds of course. Cannon's weather report says the "big storm" that was expected Wednesday is now headed to NY and that instead we can expect more rain.

For NH anyway, this is truly the ski season from hell.

really? it was very good skiing at loon.

JDMRoma

Base depths thin?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Hard to tell depth through the boilerplate.the snow that landed last night was blown to hell.
Middle cannon was closed, no snow anywhere to be found.
End of day upper ravine,upper cannon
And most of profile were completely scraped off. Far right of tramway was
Ok and vista way was nice.
Front five was ok,Zoomer /Paulies seemed to hold some snow.
Tough year for cannon, closed trails like skylight will probably never open. Looked like a Frozen river of ice looking up at it from upper ravine. The saddle was bare....
Got taken out by a girl just after lunch , she couldn't stop and hit me from behind, heading to Peabody from Zoomer. Going from Peabody to cannonball got taken out by another out of control kid who side swiped me.

Kinda of sums it up