• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Indoor Skiing Venue - Colorado

dlague

The latest in indoor skiing is Snobahn located in Centennial, Colorado. We have all seen this type of set up on YouTube - kind of a rolling carpet where the incline can be changed based on one's ability. I am excited since this is literally 30 minutes or so away. Preconditioning before the slopes open up.

Yes that is Bode Miller in the headlining picture

http://303magazine.com/2016/06/snobahn-brings-year-round-skiing-denver/

Another article

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/21/indoor-skiing-centennial-training-tool/

Their Website - https://snobahn.com/

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
BTW is that still considered skiing?

Skliding? Looks like there is a bit of wet slough coming off their skis. Is the mat wetted? Would be fun a few times between seasons but perpetual groomer sounds boring after 10 minutes.

If they could figure a way to have some moguls pop up that would be fun , kind of 3d space invaders.

SIKSKIER

I could see this as at most a training tool.For me the real draw of skiing is the rush of going down a mountain with your gravity motor.I'll pass.

skiNEwhere

I could see this as at most a training tool.For me the real draw of skiing is the rush of going down a mountain with your gravity motor.I'll pass.

I think that's mostly the point of it, rather than recreation.

My ski streak stands at 21 consecutive months. For all intents and purposes, I don't think I could count any amount of time there as a "ski day" to continue the streak.

Wasn't something like this going to be installed in Boston as well? Think I made a post about it a while back.

mbedle

So what's the difference between this & skiing on a moving carpet? Moving carpets have been around for decades.

I think the moving carpet keep you pretty stationary and not able to travel back and forwards. If I'm right in what I think a moving carpet is.

mbedle

I was just watching a couple of snowflex videos. I wonder why this haven't caught on more in the US. I think it would be really cool to see a major resort turn on intermediate trail into a snow flex route in the summer. I would think that woodward camps would be looking at this.

steamboat1

I was just watching a couple of snowflex videos. I wonder why this haven't caught on more in the US. I think it would be really cool to see a major resort turn on intermediate trail into a snow flex route in the summer. I would think that woodward camps would be looking at this.

Pretty sure those are moguls I see on top right.

attachment.php

Attachments

• libertyusnowflex-slope.jpg
    libertyusnowflex-slope.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 90

SIKSKIER

So what's the difference between this & skiing on a moving carpet? Moving carpets have been around for decades.

Nothing.It is a moving carpet.Probably different material.

The ramps at Snobahn, made by Maxx Tracks in The Netherlands, can be adjusted to as steep as 20 degrees with plush plastic carpets rolling up hill as fast as 18 mph.

ScottySkis

Nothing.It is a moving carpet.Probably different material.

The ramps at Snobahn, made by Maxx Tracks in The Netherlands, can be adjusted to as steep as 20 degrees with plush plastic carpets rolling up hill as fast as 18 mph.
Sounds like fun for summer time boring. I definitely try it if it was on a close Hill.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Domeskier

Pretty sure those are moguls I see on top right.[/IMG]

Yep. There are a few UK place that build bumps under their snow flex, too. I hope there's some padding in that stuff, because otherwise it looks like taking a fall in those bumps would not be fun.

mbedle

Yep. There are a few UK place that build bumps under their snow flex, too. I hope there's some padding in that stuff, because otherwise it looks like taking a fall in those bumps would not be fun.

The place in Virginia at Liberty College has 2 inches of padding under the Snowflex material.