• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

"Snowy winter on tap for the East"

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com

BenedictGomez

June winters predictions are almost, but not quite, totally worthless.

AccuWeather, need we say more??

^ And there's this too.

Their official motto should be:

AccuWeather: Where the most exciting weather events always occur in high-density population centers, regardless of the actual weather.

Los

^ And there's this too.

AccuWeather: Where the most exciting weather events always occur in high-density population centers, regardless of the actual weather.

Still, I'm going with it. It's the only way I'm going to make it through this summer.

ALLSKIING

Staff member

^ And there's this too.

Mostly true but I do believe they called it last June.

jack97

Last season, it seemed to me that every model and forecast came up short. IMO, it's no disgraced since this field of study has natural cycles where we very little data on. Every experience weather forecaster will tell you that all el ninos and la ninas are not the same. This past el nino occurred with the AMO in a different state, the US east coast was warmer than normal. The 2010 and 1997 el ninos had colder temps in that region. It would not surprised me that this new pattern was something that models were not validated against.

diversity_SSTA-right.png

Right now, I would trust forecaster who have found analog seasons where the US east coast had warmer sst.

ScottySkis

My Summer forecast for hot and dry is coming together. The Southwest and Plains have seen near record heat for the last 10-14 days. As I've been saying the Plains are going to cool off. Eventually the pattern will shift and allow the Northeast to warm up. The La Nina is taking a little longer than I thought it would. But this will change, we should still see a moderate to strong La Nina, by this coming winter. Winter looks to be cold and snowy....but we have to get through Summer before we can talk about the winter.

This comes from someone I follow on Facebook others on az following her to most of her predicted weather came True this past season.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

yeggous

This. I'm getting sick of hand watering the trouble spots in the garden literally every night.

For sure. It is a miracle that most of lawn is still green. A few areas are scorched, but most of the neighborhood is toast.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
At this time of year, I don't think I can ever remember a season where a significant majority of skiers weren't optimistic about the weather/snowfall for the following winter!

BenedictGomez

At this time of year, I don't think I can ever remember a season where a significant majority of skiers weren't optimistic about the weather/snowfall for the following winter!

I'm optimistic that the weather/snowfall for the following winter will be better than the last (because it's Mega Millions statistically unlikely that it will be worse).

dlague

My Summer forecast for hot and dry is coming together. The Southwest and Plains have seen near record heat for the last 10-14 days. As I've been saying the Plains are going to cool off. Eventually the pattern will shift and allow the Northeast to warm up. The La Nina is taking a little longer than I thought it would. But this will change, we should still see a moderate to strong La Nina, by this coming winter. Winter looks to be cold and snowy....but we have to get through Summer before we can talk about the winter.

This comes from someone I follow on Facebook others on az following her to most of her predicted weather came True this past season.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Hey where is the old Scotty - that all made sense! No translations needed.