• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

deadheadskier

Staff member
Why add snowmaking to the saddle? Designation of the only uphill Alpine trail in New England with snowmaking? :Lol:

SIKSKIER

Those pipes on the saddle are a mystery.They are old pipes but cant imagine where they came from.I see a pic of pipe on lower Cannon but this is a head scratcher.

Puck it

Those pipes on the saddle are a mystery.They are old pipes but cant imagine where they came from.I see a pic of pipe on lower Cannon but this is a head scratcher.
They said they were replacing some piping this year also. Here is a thought. Those pipes look like they are decent length to. Could they be putting in snowmaking on Taft. They could be staged there to be dragged up and put into place on Taft. When they blow on Taft they have to drag hoses thru the woods from Upper Ravine.

skiberg

That's pipe on the saddle. I have to assume it only there for storage.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

skiberg

I don't think the saddle is widened. I think it's only cat tracks from towing and dropping pipe. However looks like some type of action going on on Taft. Looks like the regraded it or something. Head scratcher.

Newpylong

Since they make snow on Taft anyway it is possible lines are being installed there. Distance to Ravine gets lengthy at spots from what I have seen, lotta hose. Easiest to weld on flatter spot ie Saddle and then skid to final location.

Puck it

Since they make snow on Taft anyway it is possible lines are being installed there. Distance to Ravine gets lengthy at spots from what I have seen, lotta hose. Easiest to weld on flatter spot ie Saddle and then skid to final location.
See above. You just stated what I said already.:dunce:

skiberg

Going to drop below freezing @mtn this weekend. I bet K and SR and maybe a few others, "blow the mice out"😃

Farleyman

Anyone see the pics of the tram cannon put on their Facebook page? Could just be the picture but it appears they have done some clearing under the tram? Anyone been by there or know?

SIKSKIER

Anyone see the pics of the tram cannon put on their Facebook page? Could just be the picture but it appears they have done some clearing under the tram? Anyone been by there or know?

If your talking about this one the answer is no.Looks like this the last few years.

Attachments

• cannontram.jpg
    cannontram.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 186

granite

Things are making the transition to winter:

Attachments

• SAM_5482.jpg
    SAM_5482.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 110
  • SAM_5484.jpg
    SAM_5484.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 109
  • SAM_5485.jpg
    SAM_5485.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 112
  • SAM_5487.jpg
    SAM_5487.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 109
  • SAM_5488.jpg
    SAM_5488.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 109

dlague

Where is the snow making! I know they have a hard opening. The way things are shaping up back east their 11/15 date might be a squeeze.