• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Powdr Going for the Bulk Deal - 2 New Lifts at Copper

Zand

jaytrem

Guess they decided to finally spend some of the Park City money.

xlr8r

Happy I got to ride these lifts this year before they are gone especially the Flyer. I really liked the Flyer for its long length, unique vault drive, and just raw engineering (much more of the mechanics are visible compared to modern detachables). Bubble six seems like an appropriate replacement. As for the Eagle I wish they would make that just a bubble six as well. I don't like Chondolas at all, I get they want foot access to Solitude Station, but that lodge is rather basic.

benski

I don't like Chondolas at all, I get they want foot access to Solitude Station, but that lodge is rather basic.

I rode a Chondola in Zermatt. Everyone was waiting for the gondola, meanwhile the chairs were ski on. Really can't complain about that.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Really dude? Dink comment. You think they pulled all this together in the past 2 weeks since Ian died?

Dink comment? No. Not at all. It reflects the truth. Ian financed POWDR. And he has been gone about six weeks actually. It is pretty widely known that John has no money. So, yes, it is entirely possible that he is investing his share of the estate. Not crazy at all.

As to POWDR's work at Killington and Copper, good for them. I am not taking anything away from them. And I did not realize that you were a POWDR groupie. They are pretty hard to find.