• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First Snowfalls, Upcoming weather and Storms of winter 2023-2024. Storm snow totals, Observations and Predictions?

KustyTheKlown

Long way out but I saw I saw one guys future forecast on YouTube and his model didn't look like a full disaster.

I have reservations for my sons spring break (28th -2nd) and have to start cancelling one by Monday but will have a better idea by thn on Thurs/Fri ski days, time on the others. Rangeley/Burlington/Lincoln NH. I am going to end up going anyhow most likely since we are checking out a few schools for him so I'll try to put those on the days it might be real shitty or just somewhat shitty if other days look ok.

i have portland booked thursday night, farmington booked friday night, and franconia booked saturday night.

hope is to do a loaf/saddleback/loon or cannon play

KustyTheKlown

Loon will be packed compared to Cannon
i really dont find the loon crowds to be so bad. especially on a sunday and especially when i start skiing at first chair.

loon has the advantage of being 30ish (barely) closer to home.

cannon has the advantage of putting my indy pass to work and getting my price per day down.

its all moot if it fucking rains.

2Planker

i really dont find the loon crowds to be so bad. especially on a sunday and especially when i start skiing at first chair.

loon has the advantage of being 30ish (barely) closer to home.

cannon has the advantage of putting my indy pass to work and getting my price per day down.

its all moot if it fucking rains.
Conway is calling for 13” all white stuff. Will be at The Cat for sure

bigbob

I was at the Loaf last week and conditions where pretty good, plus they got more snow after we left. Will be at Loon on Friday after Killington today. Got to ease back into this back to work stuff...

JimG.

Staff member
I have to laugh...not long ago I got disgusted with the weather and for a week or so I was ready to give up on skiing this season.

Then I had 2 great days at K last week; heading back tomorrow to ski Thurs Fri and there's more snow. And now a possible noreaster this weekend!

My weekend is booked but I'll take leftovers next Tues Wed!

kingslug

Flying into Denver Saturday morning..it will be 68 deg....snow not supposed to hit Snowmass until Saturday night...10 to 20 inches through the week.
Just as you all get a nor'easter.

MidnightJester

Major WIND HOLD's all over Thursday most of JAY PEAK, STOWE, SUGARBUSH have all or most of their lifts wind closed. Friday is the SNOW Goods day. Friday night into Saturday the Northeast is to get possibly the biggest single SNOW STORM of the season.
6:04 starts the Northeast
DCT_SPECIAL48_1280x720.jpg

Last edited:

MidnightJester

Its was a map from a Weather channel link generated early this morning talking about this incoming storm that wasn't on their main page at first. Few other weather apps/maps generated new forecast maps and were reusing yesterdays forecasts.
That style of STORM on the forcast map was listed last 3 days with a wobble coming and going from Chris Tomers forecast's. His forecast map is a little more north for the SNOW drop area then the Weather channel's

There are a few mentions that this storm and system could stall and partially park off our coast that are altering the numbers and area I believe. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Was going to do 2 days at Stowe this weekend storm but thinking about a WILDCAT mission one of the days maybe. They should be in full SNOW glory according to most SNOW drop maps.

Last edited:

TyWebb

i have portland booked thursday night, farmington booked friday night, and franconia booked saturday night.

hope is to do a loaf/saddleback/loon or cannon play

looking at doing 2 or the 3 Saddleback 2 days, Jay&Bolton, and/or Waterville&Cannon and will have to start making decisions on Monday as that is 1st cancel date.

Would have pulled my son out of school early today + 'sick day' tomorrow and head up North for this weekend but like you can't - he has a 3 days of soccer beginning tomorrow night.

GregoryIsaacs

Im not getting my hopes up for southern VT... 12-18" expected can turn into 2 inches of slush because of mixing real fast....