• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best Day Trip Ski Area Bar/Apres

mlkrgr

What is the best Day Trip Area Bar/Apres? :popcorn:

For me, it's relaxing on the bus (which means either enjoying a movie or napping). I'll save the bar for another day when drinks are cheaper than any bars around ski areas I know of. But for Apres that I have done (as midweek bus trips typically stop at a bar), the Rusty Nail by Stowe VT as they'll practically give you a meal there they put out for free (salad and pasta but this is probably a deal that was negotiated by the bus group) for the drinks that are bought.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Gunstock has a pretty decent pub in their lodge. I'm not sure of any other bars open close by that are worth visiting in the winter time.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
While I will grab a beer or two after skiing before a ride home...generally, day trips and bars don't really mix for me..... so anywhere with good, cold beer will do for a day trip. It's when I'm staying nearby...and spending more time in the bar...that the ambiance would matter more to me!

drjeff

I'd put the selection of beers on tap at Mount Snow's Station Taproom up against almost ANY bar out there (and yes I specifically didn't say SKI bar!)

Those that have been will probably agree with me, those that haven't if you're a beer afficienado, you need to check it out!

gmcunni

my theoretical best day trip would be -
first flight our of NYC to SLC
ski Alta* for the day
several drinks @ SLC airport bar
red-eye back home

* or snowbird or park city or anything really

andyaxa

After a great day with the fam on the local hill (like today), best apres is home in front of the fire where you can find ice cold Saphire Martinis and Dry Aged Rib-eyes...rare please...

bdfreetuna

Tends to be a lot of nice girls hanging out at the Killington K-1 Lodge..

Bubbas near Sunapee is a nice hangout

Last edited:

mlkrgr

Tends to be a lot of nice girls hanging out at the Killington K-1 Lodge..

Sure the umbrella bar will be a good place for apres in the spring if K's streak of lift breakages can ever be improved. The Skye Peak Express is having a lot of trouble this season according to folks at KZone and it looks like Skyeship now opens 1/2 hour later than everything else.

Kristina P

How abt the Swig and Smelt at Saddleback? Red Parka Pub in Glen NH must have been mentioned here before but I didn't go thru all the posts.