• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belated Magic TR 12-27-12

powbmps

Figured I would throw up something from 12/27. Nick and Reefer already described the conditions. It was good!

It has to be tough for patrol at an area like Magic, where rope-ducking is almost the norm. I was "busted", but allowed to keep my ticket. I felt bad for puting him in that position and in no way would have resented him for taking it.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Damn! I wish I had met you guys. We could have had a mini-summit. There was like six or seven of us there!

Edit; So those were YOUR tracks on red line??

jrmagic

I saw you on red from the chair. That upper section of black was pretty sweet. Too bad it didn't get a haircut like the rest of the trail though it didn't interfere with the skiing.

powbmps

Redline with one set of tracks is just too tempting, although I felt like a bit of a dick when I got a talking to. The top of Blackline (skiers right) was great. I don't know squat about avalanches, but there seemed to be a sketchy layer under the fresh snow.

On a side note ... I forgot my pants. Luckily a nice woman in the cafeteria let me borrow a pair that had been hanging around. Youth Large :lol: but they kept my ass dry. Much better than jeans. Just another reason to love Magic!

I saw you on red from the chair. That upper section of black was pretty sweet. Too bad it didn't get a haircut like the rest of the trail though it didn't interfere with the skiing.

jrmagic

There was a very crunchy layer of snow down at the bottom of the mountain on Wednesday before the snow came in so that may have been what you were feeling underneath. There were a couple of small slides on the blocked off section of red so I'd say you could be right about that. That was great that she let you borrow the pants. Love my Magic folks. Had you been wearing your purple ones I would have known it was you before seenig the video. Then again last year I saw some guy with purple pants and introduced myself and he had no clue who me or AZ were lmao