New Storm Snow -VS- Existing Base - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Wherever you go, it will be epic. All we need is a foot-15in of snow for all glades to be skiable. All of Vermont and New Hampshire is getting at least a foot, so go where your heart desires.

2019-2020 0 days and holding...
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by fbrissette View Post
    Hit a place with sheltered lifts. All upper lifts are closed today at Jay, and it will likely be the same tomorrow. On the other hand, awesome opportunities to earn your turns !
    I saw the lifts were down today. Who knows what the winds will bring tomorrow at all of the resorts. I will be packing my skins.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmagic View Post
    I dont think hes overthinking it as far as trees are concerned SoVt has effectively zero base in the woods so although there is more moisture as opposed to up north, they wilk need to pick up IMO significantly more inches to ski as well as say Smuggs.
    Exactly my concern. Why drive further then I need to for phenomenal skiing tomorrow?

Re: New Storm Snow -VS- Existing Base

I was kind of being sarcastic, saying he's over thinking, then posting a comment about moisture content.

Anyways, I'm not worried about glades in So VT at all. Magic posted a video with a patroller saying they'll likely be 100% open tomorrow.
    I also do the Twitters.

Magic Ski Patrol on video today said Mtn will be 100% open tomorrow.

I agree a few inches on a base is better than a foot on nothing... But I think wherever you go will be great tomorrow or in the next several days.

I will ski woods with barely any snow happily my only problem is when they aren't open.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Magic Ski Patrol on video today said Mtn will be 100% open tomorrow.

I agree a few inches on a base is better than a foot on nothing... But I think wherever you go will be great tomorrow or in the next several days.

I will ski woods with barely any snow happily my only problem is when they aren't open.
    FYI- as of about 5:15PM as i'm posting this, So VT hasn't had as much snow as No VT today- Mount Snow today has had maybe 1-2" total, and the wind has started to blow pretty solidly the last few hours. I was on demo Blizzard Cochise's today and frankly even on a pair of skis that AREN'T mine I wasn't even considering any natural trails or trees today, there was just generally more visible grass + dirt + rock than snow on them today

This storm will help for sure but the way the wind is likely going to move the snow around there will still be places that will likely be blown all the way off to the ground. Just being honest!

Also both from what I saw on my drive North last night and what I've seen on the hill today and in the parking lots of various residencies and hotels here, lots of people "pre positioned" last night! It was close to a usual Saturday crowd today! Glad as a passholder, I get access to the Bluebird Express tomorrow AM 30 min before the general public does! FRESHIES!!!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Quote Originally Posted by St. Bear View Post
    I was kind of being sarcastic, saying he's over thinking, then posting a comment about moisture content.

Anyways, I'm not worried about glades in So VT at all. Magic posted a video with a patroller saying they'll likely be 100% open tomorrow.
    On trail will be close.. Mark is awesome. Love the 1/4" on Wizard comment in the vid.

Whiteface claiming to now have 14" new. I dont believe anyone did better than that today.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Skied at Mt Ellen today. Most natural snow trails still closed as there was 6-8 inches of fluff on top of a thin base. Upper mountain very windblown. More snow still needed before woods are good to go - or look for where the snow has blown in

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    Wherever you go, it will be epic. All we need is a foot-15in of snow for all glades to be skiable. All of Vermont and New Hampshire is getting at least a foot, so go where your heart desires.
    I would strongly disagree. A foot of snow on bare or nearly bare ground (dry snow at that) won't do much on high angle glades....well except hide a potential disaster. Also, what is up with the use of the word epic? 12-18" of snow is not Epic, especially for early February.

Thread Information