Platty. Info directions ..( end thread.hyjacking in Bell trip report - Page 54

AlpineZone

Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    What's slippery about it? And how am I standing on it? I said they can remove any videos they like from their site. What's that have to do with me?
    If you look at the statistics in the link over 60% of people now get their news from Facebook and YouTube. When tech companies take on an editorial status nothing good can happen . A couple weeks ago they were banning videos for claiming the virus originated in China.

You have people who have built businesses online who are being demonized for having a wrong opinion in time!!!
    The Video that was removed to paraphrase said . “Isolation for the vulnerable is the way to go , not society as a whole.”
    Really? Come on what a horrible idea that cannot be allowed to spread.

Maybe your voice will be shut off sometime, I think that’s the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    If you look at the statistics in the link over 60% of people now get their news from Facebook and YouTube. When tech companies take on an editorial status nothing good can happen . A couple weeks ago they were banning videos for claiming the virus originated in China.

You have people who have built businesses online who are being demonized for having a wrong opinion in time!!!
    The Video that was removed to paraphrase said . “Isolation for the vulnerable is the way to go , not society as a whole.”

The general topic of censorship by a "private" company is fascinating (especially when it pertains to a company that is essentially a near-monopoly in a particular area and used widely by the general public). Should it be Youtube's responsibility to decide what information is shared on a topic like this? If people rely on youtube for news (scary in and of itself), then perhaps it does need to police this to a degree. For something like this particular case, I'd much prefer that Youtube simply flag the video with some sort of warning that the "advice in this video contradicts current global COVID-19 guidelines" or something like that.

I could see this topic having been a perfect one to be discussed in my "Ethics in IT" class back in college nearly 20 years ago. It would have been a fun discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by asnowmobiler View Post
    That's a very slippery you are standing on.
    Right! They are creating censorship which is an issue since they are policing based on a point of view. That video was not negative in any way it shared a perspective!

This is all about mind control! They want you to believe one narrative!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Please stop posting fucken in platy thread

Start different thread please

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    I thought that article was ridiculous in terms of logic failure.
    The way I read it he was saying that Plattekill could limit their crowd and still break even, while larger, higher capacity mountains couldn't. Since they are essentially running at that level now, or they were last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    The way I read it he was saying that Plattekill could limit their crowd and still break even, while larger, higher capacity mountains couldn't. Since they are essentially running at that level now, or they were last season.
    +1 I agree

A couple weeks ago they were banning videos for claiming the virus originated in China.
    A couple months ago on here I posted my Occam's Razor belief that COVID19 got out from the Level 4 BioSafety Lab in Wuhan. The media called that a "conspiracy theory" at the time, which never made any sense to me, as it seemed IMO to be the most logical conclusion all facts considered.

That (former) "conspiracy theory" is now accepted by American intelligence as quite probable.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Even if you're correct in that most "positive" way, that's hardly the celebratory cause of the century. It seemed like a weird point-of-view to me.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Sounds like a slippery slope for YouTube, but again how am I standing on a slippery slope?

If you agree with YouTube's policy you are on the same slippery slope as they are, skidding right into having the media control the world with whatever belief they want us to believe while hiding most of what they don't want us to see.
    IMO I think government should step in when this happens and I am rarely ever in favor of that.

Thread Information