• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Moving to the promised land

wtcobb

Well, it's a dream come true. Landed a great-paying job in my tech-centric career path in the heart of the White Mountains. I'll be moving to the area in a few months after spending the summer in the Lakes Region. From the city streets to a neighborhood of hiking, biking, and ski trails.

A Cannon pass is in my immediate future! :thumbup:

Edd

Well, it's a dream come true. Landed a great-paying job in my tech-centric career path in the heart of the White Mountains. I'll be moving to the area in a few months after spending the summer in the Lakes Region. From the city streets to a neighborhood of hiking, biking, and ski trails.

Nice work! My GF lived there and we did the long distance thing for 4 years before she moved to the coast but we can't seem to stop visiting there. We're always trying to plot a permanent return. She has the right job skills to make a good living there but I can't seem to figure out how to do the same.

Puck it

What profession?

wtcobb

Thanks everyone!

Puck it, email marketing. And no, not the spam kind :wink: (always the first question I get). See you at Cannon!

dmc

email marketing. And no, not the spam kind :wink: (always the first question I get). See you at Cannon!

Targeted Marketing is big... A good place to be right now...
Well done!! and congrats!!!

I know it's not nearly as cool...
But we moved from the NYC area to the Catskills and it was one of the best things I ever did....

kickstand

Thanks everyone!

Puck it, email marketing. And no, not the spam kind :wink: (always the first question I get). See you at Cannon!

Sweet. You're leaving my hometown for the White Mountains. Pretty good swap. Is the company based in NH or are you working remote? My wife and I both work for companies in email marketing. Hers is a big one centered around small businesses, mine does every kind of marketing you can think of for Fortune 500 type companies.

bigbog

Another Congrats wtcobb.....

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Congrats! It's cool that with today's telecommute abilities a lot of people are able to relocate to more rural areas and still maintain high paying jobs. Good for the economy, good for the environment (less people on the road), good for those more rural areas.