Skiing expedition to Muzstagh-ata (7546m, Western China, non-technical)

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Skiing expedition to Muzstagh-ata (7546m, Western China, non-technical)

Good day!

We´re gathering a group for a long-time-desired expedition to Muzstagh-ata (7546 m, Western China, Xinjiang province).

We are looking for few folks to join us this August.

Classically we go down skiing and it's a kinda highlight to ski down the 7546m giant.

Muztagh-ata is non-technical climb but due to its elevation is by no means easy.

We combined the trip with the help of local registered agencies, so will go up with a guide, and will make a one-week trip around Kyrgyzstan after ascent.

Start and finish in Bishkek, the Kyrgyz capital. One month long in overall.

After ascent to the peak we go back leisurely through Kyrgaystan: Tash Rabat, Issyk-Kul, Karakol, Ala Archa.

I worked in Kyrgyzstan myself and, believe me, you will never forget how beautiful this country is.

If you´re interested, please, find more here:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1432182150388309/

or just contact me

Cheers, Katy

211171.jpg
    824x_von_mustagh_ata_13.jpg
    IMG_8474.JPG

7,000 meters?!

Bring the oxygen tank...
    2019-2020 2 days and counting...
    Killington: 11/15 Mount Snow: 11/27
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Rather odd post. The OP has posted this on multiple message boards around the internet. I googled "Muzstagh-ata" to find out more about the mountain and the top 5 results are all about this trip.
    If it is legit, it looks like fun (is there any time built in to acclimatize?)

The more common transliteration appears to be "Muztagh Ata." Search on that an a lot of info comes up.

Do you start floating away at that altitude? Will I need radiation protection? Do I need my spacesuit?
    2019-2020 2 days and counting...
    Killington: 11/15 Mount Snow: 11/27
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

25,000 feet is just below the death zone.....sleeping is even tough.
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32
    17/18 Season 10

Ok, I didn´t expect that skiing community would be in mountaineering too, so answer step by step.

Quote Originally Posted by from_the_NEK View Post
    Rather odd post. The OP has posted this on multiple message boards around the internet. I googled "Muzstagh-ata" to find out more about the mountain and the top 5 results are all about this trip.
    If it is legit, it looks like fun (is there any time built in to acclimatize?)
    As I wrote in the post, I´m busy gathering a group of people for this expedition. So there´s nothing odd you can see it on other related forums.
    It is legit, of course, and the trip will be done with assistance of local registered agencies: ITMC in Kyrgyzstan and Sil Road Expedition in Kashgar, China. I work with these agencies myself, as it has been several years I do Silk Road trips.
    Sure there´s time to acclimatize. We stay in the base camp sometimes up to 8 days, doing treks to the upper camps and going down again. In the base camp there´re all the facilities for "comfortable living". If you would love to know details, I can send you more detailed itinerary and other info about the tour.

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    7,000 meters?!

Bring the oxygen tank...
    Not 7000 but 7546
    If you acclimatize correctly, you don´t need oxigen nor on the peak, neither on way to it. Even though it will be available for an emergency case.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    The more common transliteration appears to be "Muztagh Ata." Search on that an a lot of info comes up.
    You´re right. You might search for "Muzstagh Ata", "Muztaghata" and "Mustagh Ata".

Thread Information