• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing expedition to Muzstagh-ata (7546m, Western China, non-technical)

Genius-tutelaris

Good day!

We´re gathering a group for a long-time-desired expedition to Muzstagh-ata (7546 m, Western China, Xinjiang province).

We are looking for few folks to join us this August.

Classically we go down skiing and it's a kinda highlight to ski down the 7546m giant.

Muztagh-ata is non-technical climb but due to its elevation is by no means easy.

We combined the trip with the help of local registered agencies, so will go up with a guide, and will make a one-week trip around Kyrgyzstan after ascent.

Start and finish in Bishkek, the Kyrgyz capital. One month long in overall.

After ascent to the peak we go back leisurely through Kyrgaystan: Tash Rabat, Issyk-Kul, Karakol, Ala Archa.

I worked in Kyrgyzstan myself and, believe me, you will never forget how beautiful this country is.

If you´re interested, please, find more here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1432182150388309/

or just contact me :)

Cheers, Katy

211171.jpg
824x_von_mustagh_ata_13.jpg
IMG_8474.JPG

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Rather odd post. The OP has posted this on multiple message boards around the internet. I googled "Muzstagh-ata" to find out more about the mountain and the top 5 results are all about this trip.
If it is legit, it looks like fun (is there any time built in to acclimatize?)

Domeskier

The more common transliteration appears to be "Muztagh Ata." Search on that an a lot of info comes up.

Genius-tutelaris

Ok, I didn´t expect that skiing community would be in mountaineering too, so answer step by step.

Genius-tutelaris

Rather odd post. The OP has posted this on multiple message boards around the internet. I googled "Muzstagh-ata" to find out more about the mountain and the top 5 results are all about this trip.
If it is legit, it looks like fun (is there any time built in to acclimatize?)

As I wrote in the post, I´m busy gathering a group of people for this expedition. So there´s nothing odd you can see it on other related forums.
It is legit, of course, and the trip will be done with assistance of local registered agencies: ITMC in Kyrgyzstan and Sil Road Expedition in Kashgar, China. I work with these agencies myself, as it has been several years I do Silk Road trips.
Sure there´s time to acclimatize. We stay in the base camp sometimes up to 8 days, doing treks to the upper camps and going down again. In the base camp there´re all the facilities for "comfortable living". If you would love to know details, I can send you more detailed itinerary and other info about the tour.

Genius-tutelaris

7,000 meters?!

Bring the oxygen tank...

Not 7000 but 7546 :)
If you acclimatize correctly, you don´t need oxigen nor on the peak, neither on way to it. Even though it will be available for an emergency case.

Genius-tutelaris

25,000 feet is just below the death zone.....sleeping is even tough.

Well... the most comfortable sleeping is downhill in your own bed, isn´t it? :)

To the subject: we do not sleep in the camp 3 which is 6800m, as it´s too cold and might be too windy there. We do a climb of more than 1200 m (from the camp 2 on 6300m) in one day, roughly 10 hrs walk up.

Genius-tutelaris

Doesn´t seem similar to me. This company offers an ascent, as quite few companies do in Kashgar and abroad. And quite expensive one (that´s common for foreign companies). I work with local agencies, which headquarters are in Kashgar and Bishkek, and they charge less.
What we offer is a tour and it includes Kyrgyzstan. They offer just an ascent.

SIKSKIER

Got it.Just looked over your Facebook page.You are one interesting woman traveling afar on many adventures.Many languages spoken and it seems a love of flying with the birds!Keep dreaming big!

Genius-tutelaris

The odd thing is that I've spent a lot of time on message boards like this and have never seen a post like this looking for people to sign up for an expedition.

Well, each thing happens for the first time, right? Why I do it this way - this expedition is not a permanent product of some company. It´s just a single trip. Even though it´s not absolutely unique (there´re similar offers from local agencies), this itinerary was combined just for one group in August. I don´t think we gonna repeat it. Myself, I work in Kyrgyzstan on the Sil Road. My friend-uigur is a guide on Muztagh-ata. As there´s little time till August, I use different means to spread information around.

Genius-tutelaris

Got it.Just looked over your Facebook page.You are one interesting woman traveling afar on many adventures.Many languages spoken and it seems a love of flying with the birds!Keep dreaming big!

Thank you for that, I really appreciate your opinion :) If you wanna join us, drop me a message :) Stay safe and wonderful adventures!

SIKSKIER

Thank you for that, I really appreciate your opinion :) If you wanna join us, drop me a message :) Stay safe and wonderful adventures!
I can dream but in reality this adventure is beyond what my 50 something body is up for.Sometimes one must live some things through others eyes.I have just viewed a little through yours.Thanks for doing that.