• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where to finish Round 3 of the NH48

Mike P.

I've been through the list twice in two different season & have 40 done in three seasons. I have eight left with Carter Dome planned for this weekend so I'll just have seven left.

They are: Isolation, Owl's Head, Zealand, Cannon, Willey, Moosilauke & Cabot.

Which one should I leave for last & why?

I have three I'm thinking about but I'll wait a week or so before I share my thoughts.

The first two times I finished on Moriah (NE 65 under the old list which was valid at the time I guess I finished on Redington for the 67 in 2005 as I'm planning on doiing the 115) & Cannon for 48x2.

MarcHowes

Website
www.hoosactunnel.net
Don't do Isolation, or Cabot. Those are far too common for an end point :) Moosilauke is up there too. I say Willey cause its got some nice views of the notch, plus... Who finished on Willey anyways? :)

Good luck with owl's head :) I would go mad if I had to do Owl's head alone (IE not bagging other peaks) "I just hiked all those miles for THIS?!?!"

MtnMagic

OH was my last and my first real bushwhack w/a compass. Though if Dave is bringing the beer! ...

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Moosilauke. A fun peak, a great summit, and it fits the bill to have friends or family join you.

In the summer, though, I'd vote Zealand and do it as part of a traverse.
:D

Mike P.

I'm thinking of Cannon, may not be this year although I only have seven left. Sherpa K. could ride the Tram up if necessary. It would be nice to be up high with a view with him again.