• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

MadMadWorld

BTW never take the Lake Side flats on a race day. MadMadWorld and I wanted to get to the Zoomer Chair and we were to low on Lower Cannon with Gary's closed due to racing, I opted to get around it by taking Lake Side - at the bottom of Gary's we had to work our way through the race parents - PITA! Seemed like a good plan at the time!

Walking through a mob of people with skis on. They probably should have just roped that. I had people looking at me like "wtf are you doing?" Lol

Jcb890

No. Puck It is a Cannon Lover. He started this thread, so this thread is his. Therefore it is a Cannon lover's thread.

I'll allow it! :)

And who the hell are you? 72 posts and you are telling us what to do! I need a midget for tossing. Are you one?

Relax man, just giving you a hard time about the thread title. My OCD was kicking in a bit when I kept seeing it pop up in my email with replies. All in good fun. That being said, no, I'm not a midget. You could try and throw me though. If you did, I'd be quite impressed really.

Puck it

I'll allow it! :)

Relax man, just giving you a hard time about the thread title. My OCD was kicking in a bit when I kept seeing it pop up in my email with replies. All in good fun. That being said, no, I'm not a midget. You could try and throw me though. If you did, I'd be quite impressed really.
Lighten up, Francis! Off the meds we see.

Jcb890

But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

lift-things-up-and-put-them-down-o.gif

Cannonball

Unless maybe this is you - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hafthór_Júlíus_Björnsson

Did you play "The Mountain" in Game of Thrones? Then I'd say you could definitely toss me like a midget! Haha.

I met that dude at the Loon Highland Games this year. Holy frik'n monstrosity!! Bigger than you can even imagine. It was kind of sad actually, he came to do some events informally as an exhibition. He ended up absolutely destroying some of the world records of the 'professionals' who were there actually competing.

Jcb890

I met that dude at the Loon Highland Games this year. Holy frik'n monstrosity!! Bigger than you can even imagine. It was kind of sad actually, he came to do some events informally as an exhibition. He ended up absolutely destroying some of the world records of the 'professionals' who were there actually competing.

Yeah, the dude is a friggin monster. VICE, the TV show/Youtube channel did a cool special on he and other Strong Men from his area. It was really cool.

He played a great Gregor Clegane too on Game of Thrones. Pretty cool that you got to meet him. I've seen the recent videos online of him throwing the weight in the air for the record and then him moving that gigantic tree/log which broke a record/old story. Pretty cool stuff.

EDIT - here's the Vice video - "Giants of Iceland"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A7woRoVwyM

Cannonball

Got this pic of him at Loon. That stone is 450 lbs. He carried it way past the old record, kept going until he ran out of room to walk, came back a bit to ask the judges where he should go next, swung it around in a circle a few times, then tossed it on the ground.

lon.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
Little help. Anybody remember when that girl and guy skied off the back side of Cannon using ropes to ski what once wasn't thought possible? Like five years ago or so? They videod it.

My search on YouTube is failing me. Anyone help me out?

Puck it

Cannonball