• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

Puck it

Not sure about that. All FSC training will be at Mitt. But I have not heard that high schools, colleges or the Cannon program will be there as well. Certainly seems to make some sense though if they do. There is still a significant non-FSC training presence at the Mountain. One would think Cannon would get it right though if it's on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
post says All!

doublediamond

If Barron's and Taft are being used for NCAAs this year, you can bet your ass that colleges will be training on them.

skiberg

I would generally agree but last year UNH had access to Baron's but trained on Rocket.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Nice

14265003_1769716863242125_3326593369860022688_n.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
Is it installed that way on purpose or shoddy workmanship? Maybe a new style of engineering to give the liftline a bit more space towards the tower? Can't say I have ever seen a lift tower with a sideways lean like that.

Jully

Is it installed that way on purpose or shoddy workmanship? Maybe a new style of engineering to give the liftline a bit more space towards the tower? Can't say I have ever seen a lift tower with a sideways lean like that.

I'm assuming it was on purpose. I think the design, in terms of the lifeline, certainly is a wider and easier ride up than a vertical tower.

Newpylong

The design is on purpose and is common in Europe. It provides more clearance between rider and tower. Don't need that on the downhill side.

SIKSKIER

I was kidding,of course that is the design.What makes no sense to me is if the towers are tilted to allow more room for the ride lane,than why would you have cross tees extend longer on the return side.Seems to me if the towers were straight and the cross t was flipped around you would have the same clearance.I dunno but it looks strange.

Attachments

• mittersill t.jpg
    mittersill t.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 117

becca m

the weight is on the uphill side - you want a short lever arm on that side, hence the lean

SIKSKIER

There's a minimum bulwheel size based on the rope diameter.
What?I'm just saying if you flip the cross t aound and have the towers straight,it appears you would have the same clearance.Lookers right is the uphill side.I'm no lift engineer so I'm sure they know a lot better than me.Just speculating thats all.

doublediamond

What?I'm just saying if you flip the cross t aound and have the towers straight,it appears you would have the same clearance.Lookers right is the uphill side.I'm no lift engineer so I'm sure they know a lot better than me.Just speculating thats all.

Torque is a function of distance from a point and the force applied at that distance. You'd need a much larger cross arm for your proposal.

dlague

Here you go! Dates that will be a mad house at Cannon. Race dates like these. Granted racing will be on the Mittersill side but.....

UNH Carnival set for Jan. 27-28, 2017 on Cannon Mt's Mittersill Trails.
GS on Baron's Run; SL on Taft Training Slope.
Save the dates & view EISA Racing on our new race venues!

Last edited: