• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

dlague

I am planning both days. I think Saturdays will keep some away. But what I am amazed about is that there are basically two trails from the top that are open - thought for sure Upper Ravine would be included. Also there seems to be the same stuff open in the Middle Mountain where all paths down come to Rock Garden/Upper Gremlin - Middle ravine would have been nice to have to shed people. Lots of focus on the Front 5. And it seemed pretty important to get snow on Barons.

I am excited that 76% of Tuckerbrook area is open - woot woot!

wtcobb

Lots of focus on the Front 5. And it seemed pretty important to get snow on Barons.

I am excited that 76% of Tuckerbrook area is open - woot woot!

Front 5: Appearances from the road. It's looked pretty dismal from 93 having barren patches all along the "front window" of the mountain!

Barons: containing the ski teams! It'll be great to move all the kids on one ski from the main area of the mountain

Tuckerbrook: Great for Adaptive! We've been running pretty much just on Brookside, along with the race kids and dozens of other learners. It'll be great to have more terrain to work with.

JDMRoma

Front five was fine last weekend ! Just over crowded !! Garys rocket and Paulies had plenty of snow and ice. !
Ok so more ice ..... But hey it's Cannon.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Farleyman

Heard it was bad today... Coming back up tonight, anyone ski today?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Cannonball

FSC trains on Garys quite frequently but the public still has access.There are only a few races that close the trail to the public.

Start counting those days. Gary's closed to the public today for racing. Busiest weekend of the year, pathetic terrain offering, close a major trail to the public. Thanks Cannon.

witch hobble

Baron's is a trip. It's like some trail from the South Peak part of Loon was grafted on to Cannon. It didn't suck.

its not all love on the Cannon Lovers thread.

skiberg

For all of you complaining about the "race kids"

1. FSC literally helped build and create Cannon and cut many of the trails on the mountain.
2. Thank FSC for the improved snowmaking they bought and paid for the new compressor that has improved snowmaking for the whole mountain and is the sole reason they can now blow snow on the entire front five at once.
3. Barons/Mittersill improvement paid for by FSC
4. Echo lake dam rebuilt and paid for by FSC. Improves snowmaking over the whole mountain

wrong mountain to complain about. Cannon/fSC are practicably inseparable.

Cannonball

For all of you complaining about the "race kids"

1. FSC literally helped build and create Cannon and cut many of the trails on the mountain.
2. Thank FSC for the improved snowmaking they bought and paid for the new compressor that has improved snowmaking for the whole mountain and is the sole reason they can now blow snow on the entire front five at once.
3. Barons/Mittersill improvement paid for by FSC
4. Echo lake dam rebuilt and paid for by FSC. Improves snowmaking over the whole mountain

wrong mountain to complain about. Cannon/fSC are practicably inseparable.

I thank them for number #1. Blame them for the rest.

And before you start claiming that FSC built Cannon you might want to consider another little group called "the state of New Hampshire". It's not FSC's to dominate or control. Would have been great to ski Gary's today.