• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

College Hoops

ajl50

Yes it has...they are a good conference this year. Take away Wisco and OSU and I'd say MVC is better than the Big Ten...

2knees

so who are your pics to win it this year? texas relies so much on durant that i find it hard to believe he can carry them. Carolina seems to be struggling at point guard right now, not a good thing for the tourney. OSU maybe, wisconsin. I dont like any of the big east teams with the possible exception of georgetown. but that would be a real reach. pitt alwasy flames out come tourney time. i dont know squat about UCLA.

bigbog

Texas & NC (2 out of the final four)...?

Texas has a chance, but as with many teams, college & pro, the rest of the team has to recognize they have a role to play....aside from gawking at Lebron James+ moves.
Georgetown's kids have to decide whether they wanna play that ugly word..Def****..? , and if they want to make, and work for easy baskets/layups.

FRITOLAYGUY

texas relies so much on durant that i find it hard to believe he can carry them.

Normally i would go with OSU with the big man in the middle to win it all, however i understand your point here, but if you remember correctly since you do follow the big east, a team dressed in Orange not too many yrs back relied heavily on a kid named Carmelo , and he dominated that championship game, so 1 guy can get it done, and his supporting cast wasnt much different than Texas has this year. Oh ya and another thing he was also a FROSH that year, alot of similarities, wouldnt surprise me at all.

2knees

Normally i would go with OSU with the big man in the middle to win it all, however i understand your point here, but if you remember correctly since you do follow the big east, a team dressed in Orange not too many yrs back relied heavily on a kid named Carmelo , and he dominated that championship game, so 1 guy can get it done, and his supporting cast wasnt much different than Texas has this year. Oh ya and another thing he was also a FROSH that year, alot of similarities, wouldnt surprise me at all.

good point. If i recall that cuse team also had Gerry Mac and Hakim Warrick though. Those guys stepped up pretty big in the tourney for the orange.

Last edited:

FRITOLAYGUY

good point. If i recall that cuse team also had Gerry Mac and Hakim Warrick though. Those guys stepped up pretty big in the tourney for the orange.

Yes they did and i would think 1 or 2 people would step up for Texas or OSU as well. Always happens, when Uconn beat Duke in 99 who stepped up?? Ricky Moore owned that first half hands down and righted the ship... He would not have been someone i would have expected that from

FRITOLAYGUY

Im watching the Uconn/Cuse game, its 40-40 now, uconn just doenst have a go to guy, they just seem lost out there, nobody wants to take the shot, overpassing, ill use a phrase ive said just about all my life with the redsox, next year!

2knees

Im watching the Uconn/Cuse game, its 40-40 now, uconn just doenst have a go to guy, they just seem lost out there, nobody wants to take the shot, overpassing, ill use a phrase ive said just about all my life with the redsox, next year!

same as it always was, this year anyway. They scored 10 points in the first 10+ minutes of the second half. wont be surprised to see some transfers after this year. the british kid ben eaves, stanley robinson, garrison, maybe austrie. thabeet may go to the nba, which is a total joke but he is being projected by some as a top 10 pick. (ridiculous)

2knees

the orange got HOSED. what was that all about. 10-6 in the big east and you dont go to the tourney???? and they send arkansas from the weak side of the sec with a 7-9 conference record.

Dr Skimeister

The real thrill is watching WVU Mounaineers in the NIT. Big thump of UMass last night.

We're Garden bound.

Go Mountaineers

2knees

yeah anytime duke loses, regardless of my bracket, its fun to watch.

the xavier/byu ending was awesome too. not much in the way of upsets yesterday. alot of talking heads thought VCU would give duke problems because of the style that they play. for once, they were right.

FRITOLAYGUY

I was glad to see Duke lose, i really dislike them their coach is usually a crybaby when they lose. SInce im stranded home watching the games, CBS as usual is doing a shitty job of switching games, man they dont have a clue!

cbcbd

At least your team made some sort of tournament...

...very ashamed uconn alum

Warp Daddy

Just messin around guys -The Cuse was also DUMPED into the NIT and some we Orange fans arn't too thrilled about it .

DR. S. No diss intended -------- I'm happy for u and the Mountaineers