Haystack / Hermitage news - Page 67

AlpineZone

Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 789
  1. #661
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    6,854
    Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    You would have to work around this as it is still in place. The wording of it could become important because I've long wondered if you could somehow sell a $50 membership that includes a lift ticket.

    Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    Like going to a bar in SLC.

    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

  2. #662
    I do remember hearing a long time ago (pre-carinthia) that if Mount Snow took control after the first failed private go-around (meadows i think it was called), they would of turned Haystack into the easts only strictly-park mountain. That being said I could not imagine that happening with the ski lodge that IMO belongs in Aspen.

  3. #663
    Quote Originally Posted by GregoryIsaacs View Post
    I do remember hearing a long time ago (pre-carinthia) that if Mount Snow took control after the first failed private go-around (meadows i think it was called), they would of turned Haystack into the easts only strictly-park mountain. That being said I could not imagine that happening with the ski lodge that IMO belongs in Aspen.
    Oh god that would be GLORIOUS! Ya know I have long thought that something was going to change pretty soon here with the new Carinthia base area. That new lodge is VERY impressive in person and the proposed condo development will bring in tons of families that I can see very easily complaining about being at the base of a terrain park only face despite the park being there before they even build the place. I know I've read somewhere online that the idea is to turn one trail or two back into a normal snowmaking trail with no park to allow access. However, I see AMAZING potential in having a park only entire mountain with a whole lot of tree skiing thrown in for good measure. Of course the Barnstormer is wicked overkill for that, but hey if it was still there why not. I have also read that that lift is under a different ownership structure than the mountain, back when the rumor was Dopp was not paid. They came out and said they had been paid and in that somewhere I read about the other investors buying the lift. It sounded to me like some of the top members went in on the lift with Jim and there was potential to move it and get some cash because it itself was debt free.

    Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

    www.skibigsquaw.com

  4. #664
    machski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northwood, NH (Sunday River, ME)
    Posts
    1,565
    Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    Oh god that would be GLORIOUS! Ya know I have long thought that something was going to change pretty soon here with the new Carinthia base area. That new lodge is VERY impressive in person and the proposed condo development will bring in tons of families that I can see very easily complaining about being at the base of a terrain park only face despite the park being there before they even build the place. I know I've read somewhere online that the idea is to turn one trail or two back into a normal snowmaking trail with no park to allow access. However, I see AMAZING potential in having a park only entire mountain with a whole lot of tree skiing thrown in for good measure. Of course the Barnstormer is wicked overkill for that, but hey if it was still there why not. I have also read that that lift is under a different ownership structure than the mountain, back when the rumor was Dopp was not paid. They came out and said they had been paid and in that somewhere I read about the other investors buying the lift. It sounded to me like some of the top members went in on the lift with Jim and there was potential to move it and get some cash because it itself was debt free.

    Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    I believe the previous poster may have been referring to Hermitage's lodge, not the new Carinthia base. No chance whatsoever Peaks would have any interest in running to separate areas. Yes K currently does it with Pico but I can almost guarantee if the interconnect wasn't still the blip on their radar and plans, they would have divested themselves of Pico long ago. Makes no sense, especially even further south to run two separate facilities not connected or with different purposes.

    Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

  5. #665
    Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    I believe the previous poster may have been referring to Hermitage's lodge, not the new Carinthia base. No chance whatsoever Peaks would have any interest in running to separate areas. Yes K currently does it with Pico but I can almost guarantee if the interconnect wasn't still the blip on their radar and plans, they would have divested themselves of Pico long ago. Makes no sense, especially even further south to run two separate facilities not connected or with different purposes.

    Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app
    He was referring to the Hermitage Clubhouse base lodge (which truly does belong in Aspen it's that nice, I am referring to the Carinthia base lodge. And you never know Peak has Snow on such a strong upward trajectory these days anything could happen if the skier numbers keep growing like they have been. It really wouldn't be totally separate either. You could run the same staff just bounce around, move the Parks Crew down the street. It would be profitable as it's own park only mountain, just look at the success of Carinthia as a brand the past ten years.

    Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

    www.skibigsquaw.com

  6. #666
    Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    I believe the previous poster may have been referring to Hermitage's lodge, not the new Carinthia base. No chance whatsoever Peaks would have any interest in running to separate areas. Yes K currently does it with Pico but I can almost guarantee if the interconnect wasn't still the blip on their radar and plans, they would have divested themselves of Pico long ago. Makes no sense, especially even further south to run two separate facilities not connected or with different purposes.

    Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app
    I did mean the Hermitage lodge.... I think it may be the nicest lodge in the northeast.

    That being said, Carinthia will likely have to deal with the problems Sull1102 mentioned. IMO they should have kept the old lodge as a "Carinthia clubhouse", put some XBOX's, couches and a bar and left it for the park rats. The thing already had a freaking skate park halfpipe attached to it!

  7. #667
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    6,854
    Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    He was referring to the Hermitage Clubhouse base lodge (which truly does belong in Aspen it's that nice, I am referring to the Carinthia base lodge. And you never know Peak has Snow on such a strong upward trajectory these days anything could happen if the skier numbers keep growing like they have been. It really wouldn't be totally separate either. You could run the same staff just bounce around, move the Parks Crew down the street. It would be profitable as it's own park only mountain, just look at the success of Carinthia as a brand the past ten years.

    Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    That would be like putting salt in the wounds of the home owners at Hermitage. Already got screwed buying into it then have to deal with park rats.
    Last edited by Smellytele; Nov 2, 2018 at 3:41 PM.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

  8. #668
    Haystack would be really nice as a park only mountain but it will never happen especially since connecting the two these days would be virtually impossible.

  9. #669
    Maple Valley would be a great park only mountain.

    Makes zero economic sense for Mt Snow to buy Haystack unless if was gifted to them.

  10. #670
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    27,439
    Live, Ski, or Die!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:14 AM.