2017-2018 Season Passes - Page 38

AlpineZone

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Take advantage now. Many analysts don't expect pass prices to stay low for much longer with the now two giants playing inside the industry. Of course, being a New England Passer, I saw no decrease this year so I will be interested to see if any price pressure hits ours for 18-19.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Agreed! Last year I had the option to buy a Peaks pass at a cheaper price as I could take off the price of a few vouchers that I was redeeming in March and I didn't take it. I regret that decision. This year I did not do that.

I bet the northeast will see cheap passes for awhile longer than the west, especially Colorado which is literally down to 2 players + Copper near Denver. As long as Peaks hangs around in the east, Ragged stays cheap, and the Max exists, places will be hard pressed to raise pass prices. Heck, even the Boyne pass isn't a terrible deal.

Of course Peaks has debt trouble and Max might not exist next year... but we'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Max might not exist next year...
    ???

Did I miss some news? (not a MAX holder)

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    ???

Just speculation based on the Intrawest acquisition by Aspen...have to wait and see what ends up happening. I think MAX will still exist in some form or else you'll see something else created to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Just speculation based on the Intrawest acquisition by Aspen...have to wait and see what ends up happening. I think MAX will still exist in some form or else you'll see something else created to replace it.
    Exactly. Chances are Max will live on, but I think Intrawest runs Max right now as the Intrawest address is listed on the Max website.

I was primarily just speaking in worst case scenarios. Peaks is also not going anywhere anytime soon in all likelihood.

Exactly. Chances are Max will live on, but I think Intrawest runs Max right now as the Intrawest address is listed on the Max website.

I was primarily just speaking in worst case scenarios. Peaks is also not going anywhere anytime soon in all likelihood.
    It would be cool if they joined forces.

MAX is going to lose some big resorts next season though most likely since Intrawest has been sold to Aspen Skiing Co. and KSL Capital Partners - Stratton, Tremblant, Steamboat, Winter Park, Snowshoe (WV), Blue Mountain (Ontario) and Canadian Mountain Holidays, a heli-skiing and heli-hiking company with 13 lodges in British Columbia.
    2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: 33 days
    2017 - 2018 Season: 35 days
    2018 - 2019 Season: baby = hoping for... some? days...

Quote Originally Posted by Jcb890 View Post
    It would be cool if they joined forces.

MAX is going to lose some big resorts next season though most likely since Intrawest has been sold to Aspen Skiing Co. and KSL Capital Partners - Stratton, Tremblant, Steamboat, Winter Park, Snowshoe (WV), Blue Mountain (Ontario) and Canadian Mountain Holidays, a heli-skiing and heli-hiking company with 13 lodges in British Columbia.
    The death might be the Rocky Mountain Super Pass which is a good pass product and one I will be sorry to see go. I wonder how they plan to compete with Epic in the local Denver market? Winter Park is awesome but it's 3 against 1 in the front range (taking Copper out of the mix). Steamboat is 2 hrs beyond WP, not a factor. Do they somehow keep Copper in the mix? I don't believe Arapahoe is owned by Vail. Copper is tied to Eldora too. Crested Butte was another one with RMSP relations. A lot of interesting scenario's could play out. Next March will be interesting.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by 4aprice View Post
    The death might be the Rocky Mountain Super Pass which is a good pass product and one I will be sorry to see go. I wonder how they plan to compete with Epic in the local Denver market? Winter Park is awesome but it's 3 against 1 in the front range (taking Copper out of the mix). Steamboat is 2 hrs beyond WP, not a factor. Do they somehow keep Copper in the mix? I don't believe Arapahoe is owned by Vail. Copper is tied to Eldora too. Crested Butte was another one with RMSP relations. A lot of interesting scenario's could play out. Next March will be interesting.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    If Aspen is really serious about competing in the front range Denver market, I definitely think Eldora, Copper, WP, makes a really compelling pass. There are two questions there though: 1) Does Aspen want to compete like that? 2) Can they work out any deal with Powdr to make that happen? I heard that Aspen was originally only interested in Intrawest's Colorado offerings. They only teamed up with KSL when Intrawest refused to sell piecemeal.

I'm assuming Loveland is fiercely independent and doesn't want any collaboration?

If Aspen is really serious about competing in the front range Denver market, I definitely think Eldora, Copper, WP, makes a really compelling pass. There are two questions there though: 1) Does Aspen want to compete like that? 2) Can they work out any deal with Powdr to make that happen? I heard that Aspen was originally only interested in Intrawest's Colorado offerings. They only teamed up with KSL when Intrawest refused to sell piecemeal.

I'm assuming Loveland is fiercely independent and doesn't want any collaboration?
    There you go, keep Copper/Eldora (powdr) in the mix, to compete in Denver, then add Killington/Pico in the east,(What else does Powdr own?). I'd be interested.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by 4aprice View Post
    There you go, keep Copper/Eldora (powdr) in the mix, to compete in Denver, then add Killington/Pico in the east,(What else does Powdr own?). I'd be interested.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    Aspen has stated when the whole thing is done that they intend to market and keep the Aspen 4 separate from the remained of the new portfolio. Whether they stick to that or not remains to be seen, but if so, they will have zero interest in teaming with Powdr. One issue with Aspen's direction is getting caught price colluding with the rest of the portfolio if the try to keep them separate from the rest.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

I bought unlimited passes for my wife, daughter and I at Mt. Peter in NY for next season. It's always cheapest in spring.

$229 for adults and $199 for juniors.

I'll buy my weekday pass at Mountain Creek in the fall when they go on sale. I paid $299 for this past season.
    2018/2019 Season:

Belleayre: 11/23
    Camelback: 11/30
    Mountain Creek: 12/14, 12/19, 12/20, 12/24, 1/7, 1/11, 1/16, 1/19, 1/23, 1/28, 2/3, 2/5, 2/10, 2/11, 2/14, 2/22, 2/25, 3/3, 3/8, 3/11, 3/12, 3/14, 3/19, 3/26, 4/1
    Mt. Peter: 12/15, 12/23, 12/30, 1/12, 2/23, 3/2, 3/9

Bromley

Thread Information