Mount Snow: Inside Track - Page 131

AlpineZone

Page 131 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1397
    Quote Originally Posted by fullsend22 View Post
    North Face is closed because lift #18 Challenger had to be evacuated. I was stuck on there for over an hour.
    Wonder if it was a problem with stanchion 5. Lift was stopped for over five minutes on Friday then had employees climb up watching the chairs go over the wheels there.

2018-19:
    Killington: 10/20, 11/15, 5/4, 6/1
    Okemo: 11/16, 11/22, 11/24, 12/2, 12/15, 12/16, 1/25, 1/26, 3/8, 3/9, 3/23, 3/24
    Stratton: 11/23, 12/3, 2/22, 3/3
    Sugarbush: 12/1
    Catamount: 12/31, 1/19
    Mohawk: 1/21
    Stowe: 1/24
    Jiminy Peak: 2/9
    Mount Southington: 2/16
    Mount Snow: 2/23
    Pico: 3/2

Quote Originally Posted by FBGM View Post
    There is absolutely no reason or excuse for a lift to break and be evacuated opening weekend. What did your lift mechanics do all summer? I mean, the mount snow ones and to high and to incompetent to fix anything. I’m sure Vail is embarrassed at this. And I’m sure heads will roll and better personnel will come in to fix their ongoing cluster fuck of lift mistakes that just seem to get worse and worse.
    Things break down. It’s often unexpected. I doubt Vail is “embarrassed”. They’ve seen lifts break down before.

Snow report shows Outpost open, Challenger on hold today.

Hopefully Vail sees how critical this lift is and puts some money aside for replacement. I don't see it happening in 2020 (unless Vail decides to shell out more than the $15m they already committed to ex-Peak Resorts for next two years), but hopefully by the 2022 offseason or so. Challenger is likely the oldest "key" lift in the former Peak portfolio (aside from the Midwest resorts that run some old Halls that are indestructible, but also not moneymakers even close to Snow) and would be a PR mess if it were to have multiple more high profile incidents.

I hear there's a pair of lightly used Skytracs close by up for grabs
    Joe

2018/19 - 36 days
    2019/20 - ?

Lift is open again. Guy was on the tower agaon when we rode by? Another question is why did Canyon run during the week, but not the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by jaytrem View Post
    Lift is open again. Guy was on the tower agaon when we rode by? Another question is why did Canyon run during the week, but not the weekend?
    I don't know about Friday but on Thursday it was not running, and on Wednesday it was only running because Bluebird was on wind hold.

Old lifts break down, at least it didn't break in a dangerous way and 1 hour evac could be worse. Luckily they have the Outpost backup lift.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    I don't know about Friday but on Thursday it was not running, and on Wednesday it was only running because Bluebird was on wind hold.

Old lifts break down, at least it didn't break in a dangerous way and 1 hour evac could be worse. Luckily they have the Outpost backup lift.
    Thats good, somebody told me it ran all 3 days. Was hoping its not broken. Heading back to the NF now, wish me luck!

Ahh, bad luck over there, tore my tele binding half off. Back out on regular though.

I sure hope that once more Epic properties open for the season that the Eastern Epic folks disperse a bit.

The outer parking lot being 1/2 to 2/3rds full in mid November is crazy stuff.

Also, it's been years since I've had to say "the bubble goes up by itself" so much in a weekend!

Snow quantity and quality were very good. Just need a little cooperation from mother nature and the trail count (and acreage) is going to get larger

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

November: 16.17,23,29,30 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1 (Mount Snow)

Quote Originally Posted by jg17 View Post
    Snow report shows Outpost open, Challenger on hold today.

Hopefully Vail sees how critical this lift is and puts some money aside for replacement. I don't see it happening in 2020 (unless Vail decides to shell out more than the $15m they already committed to ex-Peak Resorts for next two years), but hopefully by the 2022 offseason or so. Challenger is likely the oldest "key" lift in the former Peak portfolio (aside from the Midwest resorts that run some old Halls that are indestructible, but also not moneymakers even close to Snow) and would be a PR mess if it were to have multiple more high profile incidents.

I hear there's a pair of lightly used Skytracs close by up for grabs
    The Skytracs do not fit the lift profile needed and they would be oddballs, it's not going to happen.

Challenger isn't really that critical there's another right next to it. Any lift may need to be evaced.

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    That Challenger lift has been quite unreliable the past 5-8 years I feel. I've had a number on long stops and watched frustrated lifties climb up into/out of the top terminal resetting equipment.

Of the top of my head I want to say it's either a 1982 or 1984 Yan. It's a workhorse alright; it runs everyday November-April unless wind puts it on hold and makes Outopost the go-to. I'd like to see a high-speed quad on that side of the hill.
    A HQS on the North Face side??!!! The lifts aren't even 4000' long, no way in hell they ever put a detach there. You'll get a FGQ with a loading carpet to max the speed and like it!! Detach's cost 2.5x what a FG lift costs in maintenance. If Sunbrook is being upgraded to a detach at some point (and that makes sense with the mix of terrain it serves plus the sun aspect), they will already be adding another maint cost to the area. NF totally does not need that headache.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information