Mount Snow: Inside Track - Page 133

AlpineZone

Page 133 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1410
    Quote Originally Posted by jaywbigred View Post
    To quote Jay-Z himself, "allow me to reintroduce myself, my name is...." Jaywbigred...

Wow, it has been a bunch of years. Since we bought our condo at Mount Snow in 2009, and especially since Mount Snow started offering a Season Passholder Forum (I think 2013 or so) I haven't really used AlpineZone much. But it seems like Mount Snow closed down the Passholder forum after the Vail purchase, and I feel a void in my life! I was hearing bits and pieces of info on the lift shutdown this weekend, and a lightbulb went off "I bet folks are posting on AlpineZone on this!"

Glad to see Dr. Jeff and Glenn still active in here! Cheers everyone!
    Welcome back! Good to see you here again!
    SoVT

I'm here today. Patrol said Ridge/expansion for the weekend. Did a quick run down each open trail. All good, but Chute is the place to be. Immature bumps getting carved into soft whales with a 2-3 inch sugar coating. No reason to leave the north face til it's time to hit the car. ChuteScreenshot_20191119-131242.jpg

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app

that looks tasty
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 3
    Ski Visits in VT
    Ski Visits in CO

Total Ski Visits 3

Ski Roundtop
    11/16, 11/17, 11/23

Quote Originally Posted by FBGM View Post
    I know you all hate me and think I know nothing but that lift from day one has been an issue due to the lift maintenance staff just not knowing it. In general that entire lift maintenance crew is very sub par and it’s scary. That new 6 pack is so next level different then the rest of the ancient garbage. It comes down to more training needed. Better wages. Vail will address this.
    Actually I think you're very qualified on this matter. You probably learned some ins-and-outs regarding the lift maintenance staff while you were bumping chairs at Mount Snow. As each chair passed the hatred for Peaks within you grew and grew. You become determined to one day be free and share your infinite knowledge of the terribleness of Peaks on an online ski forum. Now your dreams have been answered by Vail, as the Reign of Peaks Terror slowly fades away into our memories, never to be repeated again.
    2019-2020 2 days and counting...
    Killington: 11/15 Mount Snow: 11/27
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    Actually I think you're very qualified on this matter. You probably learned some ins-and-outs regarding the lift maintenance staff while you were bumping chairs at Mount Snow. As each chair passed the hatred for Peaks within you grew and grew. You become determined to one day be free and share your infinite knowledge of the terribleness of Peaks on an online ski forum. Now your dreams have been answered by Vail, as the Reign of Peaks Terror slowly fades away into our memories, never to be repeated again.
    Poetic! Love it.
    2014-15
    Mount Snow: 12/5, 12/6, 12/7, 12/20, 12/21, 1/10, 1/11, 1/24, 1/25, 1/31, 2/1, 2/7, 2/8, 2/21, 2/22, 2/28, 3/1, 3/7, 3/8, 3/15, 3/21, 3/22, 3/28, 3/29.

Total Days: 24 total (no April days, no vacation...baby #1 on the way in April!)

"Skiing's the easy part, Karl."

Skied Chute on Thursday, which was a lovely day. It was 80% scratch by that time.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

You were there Thursday too Edd? Might have had a chat with you on the chair and not even knew it, pretty few people there.

I skied from about 9:30 - 1:30... Chute was the worst run, the whales were a disaster, scratchy and sloppy

Everything else skied really well. Canyon was a lot nicer than the week before.
    2019/2020 season [*powder day]

Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2*]

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    You were there Thursday too Edd? Might have had a chat with you on the chair and not even knew it, pretty few people there.

I skied from about 9:30 - 1:30... Chute was the worst run, the whales were a disaster, scratchy and sloppy

Everything else skied really well. Canyon was a lot nicer than the week before.
    Ah, shit, I almost posted in the meetup thread, too. That would’ve been cool because I skied alone. Met a few nice locals in the bar, though.

Thread Information