2018-2019 Sunday River - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Not really at that point. SR's growth allowed him the ability to leverage build up ASC. Had he been highly leveraged on LBO holdings (when he had SR, Attitash and SB) I don't think he would have had the ability to form up ASC. Even with the loose lending practices in the late 90's.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Wasn't saying highly leveraged but leveraging can lead to more leveraging to increase revenue.

2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Wasn't saying highly leveraged but leveraging can lead to more leveraging to increase revenue.
    I would think at some point, but my understanding was SR's growth was not leveraged with debt late into it's growth but prior to ASC being formed.

I skied some 4 1/2 hours today, basically Jordan to Spruce, trying to keep in the sun, so I could see the trail. Early morning on the fresh corduroy was awesome. As the day wore on, it got scraped but nothing un-manageable. Lines were very short after first chair, basically ski on.

Snow was being blown on Airglow, Black hole, Tin Woodsman, Lost Princess and Bear Paw. Seems they were also blowing snow at the bottom of the two lane tubing park to make a stopping hill. I believe everything they were blowing in Oz and Aurora will be available to ski on tomorrow, much of it was available today, though I avoided skiing under the guns.

We've got a day of skiing available before the 1-2 inches of rain comes tomorrow and spoils our fun for a couple days. And it's pretty good right now!
    lovin life,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by uphillklimber View Post

We've got a day of skiing available before the 1-2 inches of rain comes tomorrow and spoils our fun for a couple days. And it's pretty good right now!
    And after this we will see how good and aggressive SR plans to be with the improved snowmaking water line. Holiday week, I pretty much expect every main trail to get recovered, including Oz.

I really hope you're right but I wouldn’t be surprised if they hit Heat and some of the steeps and continue expanding. We were in this position a few years ago and rather than resurface they went at Oz.

And after this we will see how good and aggressive SR plans to be with the improved snowmaking water line. Holiday week, I pretty much expect every main trail to get recovered, including Oz.

That is my expectation. We were commenting on the lift yesterday that the last heavy rain we got, the groomers and snowmakers had it back in ship shape in a couple days. It was a rainy Monday, because I was taking Adaptive training, Tuesday was crisp and quick with some showers, Wednesday was better, Thursday was fine! And Friday had an inch or two of powder and it was like nothing had happened to the trails. The woods and bumps, however, were hard and closed.

Let's see how the River does with this!
    lovin life,

Bob

Scored a free voucher for today which is a nice treat buuut this lift ticket line is slooooww

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I only had 2 1/2 hours today, so I headed over to Tin Woodsman and Lost Princess to ski on the whales. Very rewarding, challenged me at my level and for the life of me, I can't find that invisible line that separates Lost Princess from Tin Woodsman. I'm sure I crossed that line many times today! Groomers were good, but Oz was awesome!
    lovin life,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Riverveteran View Post
    I really hope you're right but I wouldn’t be surprised if they hit Heat and some of the steeps and continue expanding. We were in this position a few years ago and rather than resurface they went at Oz.
    Oz opened today. I had hoped they would wait til closer to the Holiday week or slightly into it to try and avoid the coming scenario. They don't like to groom out Oz so I am hoping their efforts don't go to waste and they just close it for the week after the r@!n.

With the cold coming in, they should be able to put a good recovering on and expand a bit. Mostly blacks left to hit now, so any would be welcomed after this nastiness.

I hit Wildcat yesterday and SR today. Both amazing weather days for late December. Great sun and no wind. Glad I was able to grab them before the year is out.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Thread Information