Vail Resorts is buying Peak Resorts. - Page 17

AlpineZone

Page 17 of 75 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    Can you run a t-bar up and down hills? That would be odd...
    A handle tow would work perfectly for that. That’s it, a simple handle tow that probably would cost around 150k to buy and install and poof, you have the biggest skiing in the east.

Does the Long Trail cross what would be the Sterling-Spruce connection? If so, that would also add to fire to keeping that away. Granted that far North the trail is only the Long and not part of the AT as well, but recall ASC had to propose and move the AT so it would not cross ski trails and lifts to please the AMC.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    You could absolutely run your removable Disneyland ride in reverse. That whole interconnect trail from the old big pig over to Sterling was flat as a pancake 90% of the way.
    On the way to the Birthday Bowls, up by the fence, it gets reasonably steep. Even I'm wrong on that & you're right, in the Smuggs to Stowe direction it would probably be among the longest Magic Carpet rides in the world, and the winter maintenance would be a nightmare. But as I said, it's not even necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    Can you run a t-bar up and down hills? That would be odd...
    You wouldnt have to. Just run it up to to the point where you can ski down. And a surface T-bars can be removable "winter only" structure as well. I'll say it again, people who think this "problem" is more difficult than sending a man to the moon havent really thought it through.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco DaSkia View Post
    Right, or you could do something reasonable like the Italians do. Tow ‘em to the top of the notch and let ‘ em slide down the other side..... The tourons will eat that shit right up. Not every problem takes gobs of money to solve.

Attachment 25376
    Or this. I think EVERYONE would eat that up. Hell, I'd love to do that. Another unique marketing advantage conferred.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    I got the impression from reading the FAQ's and I believe reading on Mount Snow's social media pages yesterday responses from their communications crew, that if you want to go from a Peak pass to an Epic Pass product, that you'd be credited the cost of what you paid for your Peak pass towards the cost of an Epic product, at the rate it would of been had you bought the Epic product on the day you bought your Peak product, not the day the deal to buy Peak closes

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

What about the other way? Peaks pass to Epic Military pass? I'd get r a refund!
    NEVER SUMMER!

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    A handle tow would work perfectly for that. That’s it, a simple handle tow that probably would cost around 150k to buy and install and poof, you have the biggest skiing in the east.
    And it's quickly & easily removable.

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Does the Long Trail cross what would be the Sterling-Spruce connection?
    With a removable seasonal connection, I dont see how that would be a complaint. Even if it is, you could end it just before that and people could ski across the Long Trail.

I wish some non-Vail company would just buy Smuggs already so we can end this Stowe/Smuggs connection debate already

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I wish some non-Vail company would just buy Smuggs already so we can end this Stowe/Smuggs connection debate already
    That would be nice.

Pretty much the entire length of the ski route from Spruce to Sterling is the Long Trail.

Not seeing a seasonal removable lift being allowed on the Long Trail. So, you'd have the move the LT. But where? I don't see where you put a lift or ski terrain in that doesn't cross the Long Trail somewhere.

The Long Trail, Sterling Pond, state forest land with everyone's favorite bird habitat; all of these would be major hurdles to establish an interconnect at the summit. A tunnel is an interesting idea mentioned. That would probably be easier to get approved.

The horse idea is amusing, but might work and get approved easier than snowcat transit.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

With modern boring technology a tunnel might actually make financial sense.

Of course you would need a snowmaking system designed for a tunnel, which is a completely separate problem.

no snowmaking necessary......

Thread Information