Proposed 6 pack and 8 seater coming to NH soon?? - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    If we're gonna play musical chairs with Waterville, move the detachable to the new Peak, keep Sunnyside as is and then replace Northside double with the old WC triple that no resides on Green Peak.

Most surprising thing about any major lift infrastructure changes at Waterville is that the Sununus have had it for sale for at least a couple of years. Thought they wanted out.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    No way in hell is anything happening with the current White Peaks Express than being scrapped. It is one of only 3 early Pomas like it left running in North America (I think Stevens pass and Fernie may have the other 2). That thing will not get moved or sold.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    That's a crapload of upload capacity (8-pack, quad, and overflow from the gondola trails) onto like 10-12 trails.
    Yes, but they may order it with less chairs than a full complement (probably will order with a full comp of carriers, but some are bound to be bike carriers vs chairs for the bike park). I've heard rumors they want to upgrade the Gondi to an 8 box in the next half decade too. Still shocked this is even on the proposal before South gets finished.

How old is seven brothers? Wonder if it gets repurposed to the south peak beginner area.
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

Mid 80s install she's got plenty of life left.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
    How old is seven brothers? Wonder if it gets repurposed to the south peak beginner area.
    I suppose it could as it has a carpet loader too. The South Peak expansion was suppose to be two new FGQ with carpets and I'd think they would stick with that. The original plan when Seven Brother's was suppose to be upgraded to HSQ was to move the triple and replace East Basin double. Would think they would still look to do that, though that was not in the NFS permit proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    That's a crapload of upload capacity (8-pack, quad, and overflow from the gondola trails) onto like 10-12 trails.
    For real.

Has anyone ridden an 8-pack before? I've never seen a chair bigger than a 6-pack. I'd prefer a gondola/tram for 8 or more. I have to think most trail pods would be overwhelmed with the traffic from a high speed 8.

Quote Originally Posted by shwilly View Post
    For real.

Has anyone ridden an 8-pack before? I've never seen a chair bigger than a 6-pack. I'd prefer a gondola/tram for 8 or more. I have to think most trail pods would be overwhelmed with the traffic from a high speed 8.
    Never been on an 8 pack, but I despise trams due to their low capacity.
    Ski season is always too short

Quote Originally Posted by shwilly View Post
    For real.

Well, Big Sky has one and it works very good but they have ample unload room and trails off Andersite for it. Loon would have to do work at the unload for the Kanc to up it to an 8. It can get crowded in the unload area now just from the Quad. And again, I seriously doubt they have a full complement of Chairs, just not enough carrying capacity there for a full capacity boost. I expect a mild increase and I think the 8 vs a 6 is for the mountain bike park and bike carriers likely to be ordered.

Big Sky's eight is rated for the same 3600 pph that most six packs are. The advantage is that the chair spacing is greater, so in theory they're easier to load. Supposedly resorts have trouble getting people to load six packs at 3600 pph already and the actual capacity shakes out to more like 3200.

Quote Originally Posted by Keelhauled View Post
    Big Sky's eight is rated for the same 3600 pph that most six packs are. The advantage is that the chair spacing is greater, so in theory they're easier to load. Supposedly resorts have trouble getting people to load six packs at 3600 pph already and the actual capacity shakes out to more like 3200.
    Not only that but Big Sky's 8 has a carpet load to keep folks sequenced correctly to the chairs as well.

Thread Information