• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Proposed 6 pack and 8 seater coming to NH soon??

mlkrgr

Well I don't care about green peak as it is not very interesting:grin:. The sunnyside pod has the best skiing on the hill. I go to Northside to hide from the crowds, Well when there used to be crowds. They never seem to have any now. Usually ski on maybe 5 min wait at the quads.

The crowds came from massive discounting. You used to be able to pick up 5 comped anyday tickets to Waterville on Thanksgiving weekends good for almost every day (except Saturdays and holidays). Even during years they didn't have it, almost every day was a "special" so midweek tickets were never more than $49 til a few years ago. Now tickets across the board (especially midweek) are much higher.

I would have rebuilt Sunnyside before doing anything to help people refrain from merging into the beginner trail to get back down to the quad.

sull1102

I wonder if 7 Brothers moves up to replace East Basin double, which is really getting up there in age. Lincoln Express replacement or upgrade seems completely crazy to me. That lift is maybe 12 years old and has run sparingly over that time frame.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I wonder if 7 Brothers moves up to replace East Basin double, which is really getting up there in age. Lincoln Express replacement or upgrade seems completely crazy to me. That lift is maybe 12 years old and has run sparingly over that time frame.
Most crowded mountain in NH. Maybe they figure if they put a higher capacity lift on South Peak, more traffic will migrate over there from the main mountain. I'm sure they could repurpose the Lincoln at Sugarloaf.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

chuckstah

These Boyne 10 year plans are nothing new, and usually mostly fiction. Look back at Sugarloaf 2020. The only things that were fixed were lifts that fell down. Bracket was cut also, with no lift. South Peak at Loon was scheduled to be finished years ago. If the economy stays strong, the plan will progress. Downturn? Loon 2040 plan. And I'll prolly be dead by then. Glad for the new 8 pack though.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app

Last edited:

thebigo

Most crowded mountain in NH. Maybe they figure if they put a higher capacity lift on South Peak, more traffic will migrate over there from the main mountain. I'm sure they could repurpose the Lincoln at Sugarloaf.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

What is the plan at south, 6 or another 8?

Wasnt there a plan to run a lift to the middle of lincoln? A heavenly style lift in the middle of a walkable town does not exist elsewhere in the east. Would seriously differentiate loon, higher capacity may be needed to move crowds to loon proper.

crazy

These Boyne 10 year plans are nothing new, and usually mostly fiction. Look back at Sugarloaf 2020. The only things that were fixed were lifts that fell down. Bracket was cut also, with no lift. South Peak at Loon was scheduled to be finished years ago. If the economy stays strong, the plan will progress. Downturn? Loon 2040 plan. And I'll prolly be dead by then. Glad for the new 8 pack though.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app

I disagree with your assessment of Sugarloaf. I don't remember the 2020 plan for Bracket or Burnt Mountain including lifts, just trails being cut, which is what happened. I am much happier with them not having lift served skiing in that terrain. If they did, it would just get tracked out super quickly.

machski

What is the plan at south, 6 or another 8?

Wasnt there a plan to run a lift to the middle of lincoln? A heavenly style lift in the middle of a walkable town does not exist elsewhere in the east. Would seriously differentiate loon, higher capacity may be needed to move crowds to loon proper.
They didn't say, I would lean towards a 6 there. The Kanc8 is happeneing as an 8 I think mostly because that lift will also be the Mountain Bike Park lift starting in summer 2021 (they will order it with bike carrier specific chairs as well). Very surprised this plan doesn't include the lower South Pod or something down there. Escape Route I guess continues to be a snowmaking trail to a parking lot without uphill access. Kind of surprised they didn't at least propose swinging the & bros triple over there just to give ski in/out from that lot.

The other interesting thing is that the Riverwalk development had included in its original pitch a Pulse Gondola from its back door across the river to link to the new South base (suppose to have been where Escape Route lots are). That lift had even been ordered from what I can tell back in 2015ish. I wonder how that plays out for that very large development. It definitely would be super cool to link the South Base (now sounds like Pemi Basecamp will be the full base) to downtown with a connector lift.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

Edd

That dumb ass 4 person gondola lives on at Loon. Unreal.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

machski

That dumb ass 4 person gondola lives on at Loon. Unreal.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone
Well Edd, they did just drop a lot of $$ on it in the form of new cabins two seasons ago. Need to amortize that cost a bit before removing it. Probably a good idea to replace it with an 8 seat cabin later on anyway and closer to roll out of fully automated Snowmaking system. They will need it of you want to drop 4000 skier/hour up there (I am combining what an upgraded gondola could plus what East basin double chair does).

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app