This weekend - Page 17

AlpineZone

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: This weekend

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    yes, just a sprinkle at hunter sunday. nothing to see here...

Attachment 25940
    that's 6am. There is no doubt it will rain hard all night, its just a question of when it stops. It looks like it moves out quick late morning. Euro says same thing. Might be ok from 11-4.

If I was within an hour or 2 drive and had an epic pass I might be tempted

thank you, i've always wondered what time zone the gfs is in. where does it even say?

thank you, i've always wondered what time zone the gfs is in. where does it even say?
    Right next to the "12" in the upper left. "z" stands for Zulu and is the standard time you'll see in pretty much any model map.

got it, thanks. so that is "universal time" as referenced in articles about plane crashes for example? and it seems to be the same as GMT?

i still maintain that skiing hunter on sunday wont be good or fun, tho it will be uncharacteristically uncrowded for a weekend.

got it, thanks. so that is "universal time" as referenced in articles about plane crashes for example? and it seems to be the same as GMT?
    Yes, Zulu is commonly used in Military and Aviation (and weather) and refers to UTC/GMT time.

00z = 7pm, 12z = 7am, 18z = 1pm basically subtract 5 hours is Eastern Standard Time.

Zulu time

It's skiing. It's far better than not skiing in my book! I'm 100% with Kingslug on this one!
    yup...

"i dont like it. its free and its 3:55 minutes from home".....
    sounds like almost the same as me..except I like Hunter. ..and its 2 hours from me

Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Skiing in the rain can be ok depending on visibility. The snow is almost always soft. Unfortunately, more times than not the clouds are very low, there is a ton of fog and you have to keep wiping your googles putting it into the skiing by braille category which is no fun in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    It's skiing. It's far better than not skiing in my book! I'm 100% with Kingslug on this one!
    yup...

"i dont like it. its free and its 3:55 minutes from home".....
    sounds like almost the same as me..except I like Hunter. ..and its 2 hours from me

yea but i dont go to stratton in the middle of or just after a massive rainfall. i go when i can ski their woods. and last week after i posted that i didnt even end up at stratton. i decided to burn a killington day because the skiing was substantially better at k.

I'm sure Hunter will be empty this weekend. Does starter even make waterproof jackets?

Thread Information