• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Canadian school vacation weeks (Sutton)

medfordmike

Mike

If you do head up to Sutton, there are some very good stay & ski deals. I live about 2 hours north of Sutton and ski there a few times per winter. The best deal going is at Le Montagnard. (I am not affiliated with these guys, I just know all the cheap deals!). They are about 1/2 mile to the base lodge.
1 night in a Regular room, 1 breakfast and 1 & 1/2 day skiing for $118 Can (which is about $88 US)
2 Nights in a Regular Room, 2 breakfasts and 2 & 1/2 day skiing for 236 Can (About $176 US)
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://montsutton.com/en/hebergement/le-montagnard-hotel-condos-chalets/[/FONT]

It is a fun hill especially after a storm. They have all of their terrain open and have gotten a foot of snow over the past week. Not huge at 1500 foot vertical, but a lot of variety in runs. If you like glades, this is a great hill when they have enough snow (But I guess you can say that about any hill this winter).
Thank you Hudson

skiberg1

Was at Massif today. Hotel will be 200 rooms 800 people. Spoke directly with condo sales. Snow was good not great. Some soft snow in trees. Been there a few times and the trail rating is similar to Europe. Blues r mostly quite tame, although they have a few good blues that r completely bumped. Blacks r pretty tame, like a European red, but generally good. Double blacks r like a good black run. The one triple black is just a decent black with a couple steep drops. Nice trail system. Really good back/side country. Runs are long. Great, and I mean great, views. Feels very much like skiing in BC. Heavy dense fir trees up high. Great place. One of the best ski experiences in East.

EPB

+1. Mont-Sainte-Anne doesn’t have the same wow factor but good trees, nice views, decent vert and acreage. That whole area blew me away.
I've spent about 5-7 days each at Le Massif and Mont Sainte Anne, and I actually prefer Sainte Anne. The one caveat is that I haven't hit Mont à Liguori because I didn't want to go it alone.

My last time at Sainte Anne was pre-Panorama Express, but that is an awesome expert area. One of the best in the east IMO. 1700 vertical and it's now faster to lao and most likely better laid out than when the old triple was there.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app

crank

I've spent about 5-7 days each at Le Massif and Mont Sainte Anne, and I actually prefer Sainte Anne. The one caveat is that I haven't hit Mont à Liguori because I didn't want to go it alone.

My last time at Sainte Anne was pre-Panorama Express, but that is an awesome expert area. One of the best in the east IMO. 1700 vertical and it's now faster to lao and most likely better laid out than when the old triple was there.

I also like the terrain better at Ste Anne. Some great bump runs and I like that big, wide La Crete black groomer run all the way to skiers right.

Though there is better tree skiing, IMO, south of the Border at Jay, Smuggs, Stowe, Sugarbush and MRG. Than either Le Massiff or Ste Anne.

Also want to say Massiff's back/side country is really a pod of cut glades that are about a mile long hike out the ridge from the main area. Everything else we saw was just too tight to ski.

EPB

I also like the terrain better at Ste Anne. Some great bump runs and I like that big, wide La Crete black groomer run all the way to skiers right.

Though there is better tree skiing, IMO, south of the Border at Jay, Smuggs, Stowe, Sugarbush and MRG. Than either Le Massiff or Ste Anne.

Also want to say Massiff's back/side country is really a pod of cut glades that are about a mile long hike out the ridge from the main area. Everything else we saw was just too tight to ski.
Agreed. MSA is my favorite place to ski in the east behind Sugarbush and places north along VT 100 and Sugarloaf.