How about something different - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eastern powder baby View Post
    Successfully made a run to my local Hanover, NJ Wegmans. The "independently owned" liquor store inside the supermarket that happens to accept Wegmans cards and employs people with Wegmans clothes was very much open for business.
    Of course it is open. As are all other liquor stores in NJ.

FWIW, Wegmans has multiple individual legal entities actually holding those licenses (maybe a 2 license per corporation limit?). The liquor stores in the Wegmans in Hanover and Ocean Township are actually "Ocean Wine & Spirits, Inc".

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    It's a complete misnomer. There's no such thing as "full strength" beer (or sometimes "strong beer") as you read about it in Utah newspapers regarding this issue. A friggin' Budweiser is not the global alcohol content standard for what constitutes real beer. Far from it if you know anything about beer or are someone who enjoys craft brewing, microbrews, and decent beer versus mass produced garbage.
    The semantics of what he was saying is how most people feel about Utah's heavy handed Mormon rules regarding beer. Up until last November that Bud you were drinking was 3.2% alcohol by weight as opposed to the rest of the country at 4+%. So yes, based on what the rest of the country was drinking, it was not "real" beer. I totally understand that feeling and agree with how it is being portrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Of course it is open. As are all other liquor stores in NJ.".
    Sarcasm doesn't show up well over the internet!

FWIW, Wegmans has multiple individual legal entities actually holding those licenses (maybe a 2 license per corporation limit?). The liquor stores in the Wegmans in Hanover and Ocean Township are actually "Ocean Wine & Spirits, Inc".
    I figured that's how it had to work (had no idea about the # of licences though).

Kinda silly, but these old laws tend to die hard. This is a pretty straightforward workaround though.

I actually really like the BYOB deal here. It's significantly cheaper to bring your own bottle of sub-$10 bottle of wine to dinner instead of paying that much by the glass.
    Ski season is always too short

Of course it is open. As are all other liquor stores in NJ.

I stopped into my Local Kappy's Liqueurs and low and behold, they just got a shipment of Lawsons. I picked up a 12 of Super Session, and (2) 4 packs of Sip-o-sunshine and Maple House IPA. Kind of makes me feel I am back in the valley.

I actually really like the BYOB deal here. It's significantly cheaper to bring your own bottle of sub-$10 bottle of wine to dinner instead of paying that much by the glass.
    I have been to a few BYOB restaurants in NH but they are few and far between.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    I have been to a few BYOB restaurants in NH but they are few and far between.
    I heard Boxford, MA was a dry town, too, but that was a while ago.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Ski season is always too short

Kinda silly, but these old laws tend to die hard. This is a pretty straightforward workaround though.

Yea, I agree some of these laws are kind of silly. I do love the BYOB here in NJ though. I don't really view it as a money saver though, just a way to pay the same amount and get a much better wine. In particular I love being able to buy a wine at a decent retail price and age it myself for a few years before drinking it. Your typical local neighborhood restaurant wouldn't have the storage space to even be able to do that (never mind how much they would charge if they did hold onto a bottle for 5+ years or something like that).

I work in an essential industry and don't generally stray too far afield for much other than groceries anyway.

Pandemic? What pandemic?

Sounds like if the terrorists figure out a way to shut down alcohol production and distribution this country is done for.

I've been to supermarkets selling beer wine and booze in ft Lee, Edgewater, Leonia, pal park, Hackensack, Teaneck.... .it's not uncommon.

Thread Information