NYC --> Gore cannonball run

AlpineZone

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    NYC --> Gore cannonball run

    Van Cortland Park (north Bronx, technically NYC) to Stewart's in North Creek. 2:45 minutes.

    What you got?


    St. Jerry

  2. #2
    I can do the Killington Skyeship to Danbury CT in just over 3 hours. Tough to do, figure an average of 65mph on the VT state roads and through Springfield, Hartford, Waterbury and 75mph on the non-city parts of the interstates.

    I haven't daytripped Killington on a weekend morning in a looooong time but if I did I bet I could get it down to under 3 hours leaving the house at 5am on a Sunday.
    2019-2020 59 days and holding...
    Thunder Ridge: 12/7, 12/8, 12/21, 12/26, 12/27, 12/28, 12/29, 12/31, 1/4, 1/5, 1/11, 1/17, 1/18, 1/19, 1/26, 2/1, 2/2, 2/8, 2/9, 2/15, 2/16, 2/20, 2/21, 2/22, 2/23, 3/7, 3/8
    Killington: 11/15, 12/16, 12/17, 12/18, 12/19, 12/20, 12/23, 1/3, 1/30, 1/31, 2/13, 2/27, 3/12
    Mount Snow: 11/27, 12/2, 12/24 Sunday River: 1/8, 1/9, 1/10 Greek Peak: 1/13, 1/14 Jiminy Peak: 12/6 Catamount: 12/13, 3/5 Pico: 12/19, 2/28 Mohawk: 12/27 Burke: 1/1 Ragged: 1/2 Wildcat: 1/6 Cannon: 1/7 Jay Peak: 1/23 Mad River Glen: 1/24 Magic: 2/14
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    I can do the Killington Skyeship to Danbury CT in just over 3 hours. Tough to do, figure an average of 65mph on the VT state roads and through Springfield, Hartford, Waterbury and 75mph on the non-city parts of the interstates.

    I haven't daytripped Killington on a weekend morning in a looooong time but if I did I bet I could get it down to under 3 hours leaving the house at 5am on a Sunday.
    Yea, traffic is very light now. Should be able to do it.

  4. #4
    x10003q's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by cps27 View Post
    Van Cortland Park (north Bronx, technically NYC) to Stewart's in North Creek. 2:45 minutes.

    What you got?


    St. Jerry
    That is impressive. I usually get to North Creek from the Sheraton in Mahwah, NJ, in 2:45.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Posts
    2,170
    Quote Originally Posted by x10003q View Post
    That is impressive. I usually get to North Creek from the Sheraton in Mahwah, NJ, in 2:45.
    You can do it if doing 90 the entire way.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
    You can do it if doing 90 the entire way.
    Yes, but you have to factor-in Warrensburg (30MPH), so much faster than 90 on Thruway and Northway.
    Like you would probably go to jail fast if caught.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:08 PM.