• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

alpine zone ski team at Pats

ga2ski

I'm back from the captains' meeting. Nothing major. Pretty much the standard rules, but Robbie and Sarah stressed a few things:

1. No substitutes. (We have never had a problem, but apparently they had guys subbing for women a few times and other stuff).
2. No makeup racing (if you miss your night, you miss your night)
3. No entering the race shack.
4. All protests must be submitted by noon the next day via email (race@patspeak.com).
5. "This is supposed to be fun as it is a beer league."
6. Sign ups will be first come, first serve, at the top of the lift starting at 6:30. You can only sign up yourself and your race partner, NOT your whole team.

Unfortunately there will be no pro bumps (jumps) in the finals. (Apparently someone wrote an email complaining. I thought maybe it was BobR, but he doesn't remember his runs.)

Unfortunately we will be racing on Twister. I tried to get that eliminated, but no luck. I hear it is the "fat man's race trail". Robbie said we may race on West Fall. (Sarah didn't like that as there is no race shack, so he may have been joking).

See you all on Monday January 7th. I will be probably be there around 5 to help get things started. You will need to fill out a Nastar registration form as Sarah needs it as a waiver. She will be upstairs outside the Pub at 5:00 and at Customer Service between 3 and 5. If you arrive before me, tell Sarah you are on the Alpinezone team, sign the waiver and go ski.

Let's all meet at the top of the Vortex double by 6:15 to get a good racing position if we don't meet up earlier.

roark

Bummer about twister, oh well.

Thanks for putting the time and effort in ga2ski, looking forward to getting out there!

ga2ski

I forgot to mention. Pat's has practice training for those in the Corporate Race league on Friday nights for two hours. I belive Robbie said it was $25 for gates, lift ticket, coaching. If you are interested, you need to let them know each week. They will not host it for one or two people.

See you in a week and a half.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Conveniently, I have arranged to be doing some travel to the I-89 corridor so I can combine the trip and knock off the gas mileage as work related travel. :beer: Will be the first time I have been on my skinny skis in over a year and my first time in the gates in about eight years, should be a good time :D

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Don't forget we are racing on Monday.

See you there.
Don't think I have met any one racing tomorrow. Do we have a time/location for meetup and are there any specifics that first timers should know before hand? What time does the race actually start and how is the order set?

EDIT: Duh, never mind, scrolled up and got most of my answers. :beer:

Greg

Staff member
Best of luck, guys! Do AZ proud!

ga2ski

Guys - try to remember your Nastar number, espcially if you are going to arrive before I do. As I said before:
You will need to fill out a Nastar registration form as Sarah needs it as a waiver. She will be upstairs outside the Pub at 5:00 and at Customer Service between 3 and 5. If you arrive before me, tell Sarah you are on the Alpinezone team, sign the waiver and go ski.

If you have any problems call my cell phone.

I practiced some gates today at the Mountain Dew Vertical Challenge at Sunday River. I held my own in the course. Is first place on my teles in my age group good (7 racers)? Well I guess it depends who my competition was. I only know two of the other racers. One was Scott racing on teles for the first time.

See you tomorrow. Work is very busy for me right now, so I'll do my best to be there by 5, but it may be closer to 5:30.

Now go wax and sharpen your skis.

Vortex

good luch and enjoy the warm weather. Ga2ski won his division at the Mountain dew vertical challenge yesterday so points look thye they will be coming again.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Still can't believe ga2ski smoked me by a full second on tele's, not to mention the handicap points. I think I enjoyed the post gate spring bumps more than the racing itself!

:cheers:

Vortex

Roark in the top 20. Wow man. You just are not the same guy you were a few years back. Each year you have become the most impoved. Can't get it this year you are there. Props bud. Nice job Ga2ski. I see Tree-Skier still is doing well in the Senior division.