• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett 1/7/05

Zand

Date(s) Skied: 1/7/05

Resort or Ski Area: Wachusett Mountain, MA

Conditions: Sugar, Packed Powder

Trip Report:

My school goes up on Friday nights and today was the first of 6 with them. The conditions were nice but there still needs to be more snow to make it through this week without rivers all over the mountain again.

Conifer: Only skiied it once and that was around 3:30. It was doing fine. Nothing spectacular, but nothing short of good.

Smith: I went down it around 6 times from 4 to 8. It was good after grooming. On the last run at 8, it was icy in the middle, but still nice on the sides. There was some nice air to be had on the roads and mounds.

10th: Only went down it once at 8, but even then it was awesome with little ice. It was skiing very fast adn there were nice places to get air.

Frannie's: They had a mini-park with 3 jumps set up. The last one is a 5 footer, but it is very steep and launches you very high if you're going fast. Once, I was going way to fast. I hit it and all of a sudden, I'm floating in midair. I landed it somehow and stayed on my feet, but I was scared sh*tless from it for about an hour. It was also a bit icy, but not bad.

Cake: Fun trail to race friends down as it is short, but fast. Some jumps here and there, but no BIG air like at Frannie's. I'm telling you, I'm liking the bowl more and more everytime. The trails are short and the lift is slower than a 10,000 pound snail, but there aren't any crowds and it's a nice quiet place and a great change of pace.

Hitchcock: The snowmaking assult has finally begun. Maybe it'll finally open.

I never went to Minuteman or Monadnock. Lines too long and I hate Monadnock.