• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "I did so much damn work this weekend" thread

2knees

Seriously, i worked harder this weekend then i have in ages. Put out all the lawn and patio furniture, completely reorganized and cleaned my garage, bought and assembled a new grill, layed down fertilizer, cleaned both cars, and took my kids to gymnastics and a birthday party. Couldnt wait to come to work today.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Seriously, i worked harder this weekend then i have in ages. Put out all the lawn and patio furniture, completely reorganized and cleaned my garage, bought and assembled a new grill, layed down fertilizer, cleaned both cars, and took my kids to gymnastics and a birthday party. Couldnt wait to come to work today.

Hehe, my boss is out as of Saturday, I came in to rest :lol:

SKIQUATTRO

wasnt a bad weekend ...
Friday night coaced my daughters TBALL Team (11 5yr old girls)
Sat 40mile ride, drove to CT, dropped off the kids, headed to Mohegan Sun for some gambling and Kenny Chesney concert
Sun did alot around my folks house for 5 hrs...drove home, got a 60 min run in outside

Pretty typical

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I had so much work to do. But alas, it did not get done. Brian was skiing on Sat so I was alone with the kids all day (therefore I never get to do what I need to.... too many interruptions). And Sun we had to go celebrate a late Easter with my Mom's family.

Too much to do, too few hours in the day!

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com

Ok, stop crying, suck it up, throw your skis in the car and head over here: http://forums.alpinezone.com/24347-tuckerman-ravine-2-day-trip-april.html :lol:

MR. evil

Saturday I finished cleaning up all the leaves that blew into my back yard from my lazy neighbors yard.... I love doing the same job twice:angry: Raked the back yard grass, & help Randi clean the house. Then we went for a short two hour Mt bike ride.

Sunday I woke up at 7:00am and hooked up with some guys from MTBR.com for another ride up in Granby MA. It was the most technical (rocky / rooty) ride I have ever done, and that is saying something. We only did 6 miles, but it took almost 2 hours and beat the crap out of my body. I have some nice battle scar's too. I got home and took a nice long nap... Then helped finish the laundry.

Greg

Staff member
I shoveled dirt.

Literally.

IMG_5274.jpg

ctenidae

Pulled down one wall and removed two windows, rebuilt 3/4 of the wall and two window frames.
Recoated ~60 sq ft of concrete countertop with a new color
Pulled down 1/2 another wall and built a closet

And all with only 3 beers all weekend. It was tough.

Sky

Raked, fertilized, seeded, watered, cleaned the garage, fixed some washed-out patio bricks....and completely felt like I had a full and productive weekend...no thoughts of work, no (work) e-mail.

THought about launching the kayak and/or putting new line on the reels...but opted to sit back and have a beer (or three) and enjoy the view from the back deck.

Felt great

Greg

Staff member
:lol:

I think the smaller of the two girls is thinking the same thing swinging her shovel with a 'this sucks' look on her face :lol:

That's my little one for ya! :lol:

2knees

That's my little one for ya! :lol:

I can vouche for that!

Funny, they want to help with chores now. Raking, they want to mow the lawn all that stuff. But when they are old to enough to actually HELP you, they'll be running the other way.

wa-loaf

My daughter likes to take apart the piles and spread the leaves out evenly. :smash: