White Memorial, Morris, CT: 6/10/08 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    A pinch flat is what got me last night... I knew I should have run more pressure in the rear tire, but I don't like it too high on the HT.
    pinch flats sucks!

There are two ways to convert to tubeless (UST). One is to buy tubeless wheels and tires. This is the expensve route. The other is to convery your existing wheels & tires using Stans liquid. I know a bunch of guys that have gone this route and love it.
    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...te+System.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    pinch flats sucks!

There are two ways to convert to tubeless (UST). One is to buy tubeless wheels and tires. This is the expensve route. The other is to convery your existing wheels & tires using Stans liquid. I know a bunch of guys that have gone this route and love it.
    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...te+System.aspx
    I always thought you had to use tubeless tires either way, interesting. I've never really given much thought to the idea, but if I keep getting pinch flats I might have to consider it.
    Brian

I'll probably run out and pick some stuff up. Do different tubes really matter? are the Walmart ones as good as bike shop ones?

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    I'll probably run out and pick some stuff up. Do different tubes really matter? are the Walmart ones as good as bike shop ones?
    I'm not sure, but I just buy them where ever I see them when I remember that I need a new one.
    Brian

Even brand name tubes are pretty cheap - like $6.

Jeff - you and I seem to be on the same path to MTB addiction...
    I ski double black diamonds.

If your not a weight wenie go to a bike shop (or online) and but tubes made for downhill racing. They have thicker walls, and are heavier than standard tubes.

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Brian also showed me how to dial back the release tension my SPDs which I hope will let me release out of the pedals easier and crash less on more technical stuff. Like skiing, riding with more experienced riders is a great way to learn quickly.
    A little off topic here...but

Wait until next ski season..You're going to love how biking makes you feel when you ski...

Also, if you're not falling, you're not riding tough enough terrain. Soon, you'll have no problem releasing..but you'll still be falling as you ride more and more difficult terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by marcski View Post
    Wait until next ski season..You're going to love how biking makes you feel when you ski...
    How so? Better cardio?

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    How so? Better cardio?
    Oh Yes. If you're riding a lot, you'll probably take off a few lbs (not that you need to...just a side effect of biking) and obviously your legs will be that much stronger. You're cardio will be stronger you will be a lean mean bump skiing machine!

Quote Originally Posted by marcski View Post
    Oh Yes. If you're riding a lot, you'll probably take off a few lbs (not that you need to...just a side effect of biking) and obviously your legs will be that much stronger. You're cardio will be stronger you will be a lean mean bump skiing machine!
    If I lose any weight, I'll blow away.

Thread Information