• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Meathead Films

RossiSkier

Watched my first MEATHEAD FILMS dvd last night. It's called Schooled. One of the "Meatheads" is the late Alec Stall, who tragically perished in an avalanche accident near Stowe recently.

Aside from the Meatheads zany antics, catering to younger adolecent crowd, it had some INCREDIBLE Super 8mm footage of backcountry at Stowe, Sugarbush, Mad River Glen, Jay Peak, Stratton, Sunday River, St. Sauveur and the Chic Choc mountains of Quebec. It also offers some uncanny insight as to what it means to be an East Coast skier. From the mouth of babes. HEAD is a corporate sponsor, so if you're into Head skis you can see all the Meatheads skiing on the latest equipment.

It's worth fast-forwarding through the kid stuff to see. It's not Warren Miller footage from a helecopter, but it's damn good. I just ordered Epoch.

http://skiershop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2269

golfngord

CNN did a nice tribute to Alec Stall yesturday afternoon,interviewed his parents and talked a little about his life. It was a nice tribute to his time here.
I am sure that CNN will replay it several times if you get a chance to se it.

K

k-slay

This is Kristian Geissler with Meathead Films. I appreciate everyone's condolences for the late great Alec Stall. He was a great man and will truly be missed. Contrary to some rumors Ive been hearing Meathead Films will be producing a new film for 2005, and it will be dedicated to Alec.

RossiSkier

KSlay, you make it and I will buy it. I was watching "Tree Skiing" from Schooled last night, in slow mo. Incredible. I ordered Epoch yesturday. Keep them coming bro, and God bless.

K

k-slay

Thanks alot Rossi. I am not the filmer, however, just of of the skiers. I will relay this to Geoff McDonald and Chris James, the filmer and photographer for sure, and we appreciate your support.

ftrain

Website
www.core6.com
How did you find that? Nice jump awesome!!!

Is it possible to contact Geoff McDonald and Chris James directly to ask a few questions about the video camera they use and what they would recomend?

K

k-slay

Yea man just go to the contact page and send either Geoff or Chris an email...Chris is out of town till the 28th so try Geoff first.

RossiSkier

These guys will soon be thrust into mainstream stardom. Good article.

Skiing Magazine feature:
Skg0904tmpm.jpg

A Tribe Called Meat
Say hello to the meatheads, an upstart film company making east coast ski movies—that don't suck.

http://www.skiingmag.com/skiing/party_scene/article/0,12910,684266,00.html

Meatheads Film Epoch Features Jackass Style Winter Trips to Northeast Peaks
http://www.network54.com/Forum/thread?forumid=3897&messageid=1096321641

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
that last article says the style of the video is 'j***ss' style. would be cool to have a fairly serious movie featuring some of the better skiing in new england. i know that park stuff and in your face presentation and the youth orientation is popular these days in video editing, but i'd love to see a video really cut out the extranious noise and show some hard core new england skiing. i haven't gotten the videos for fear of that 'j****ss' style presentation, not my cup of tea. can any one verify how "in your face" the presentation is? looks like epoch might have been a bit more serious in presentation?

K

k-slay

Yea man, there is some lifestyle footage in Schooled, but for the most part it is a fairly serious movie...Epoch is a documentary and also focuses on the history behind each mountain...

K

k-slay

na, he'll be fine. There is no language or nudity, a couple shots of skiers drinking some beer, thats about all.

RossiSkier

There two other Meathead Films that I found, Natural Force, was released in 2002; it was followed a year later by Elevated. Skiershop.com has Natural Force, but Elevated is sold out. I guess SASFilms was handling that and they ran out. Better make more before bootleg copies come out. Skiershop ran out of Epoch and it's backordered two weeks.

I see these guys thrust into pop icon status very soon. Prediction:A film company will probally come along and make them an offer for the whole company they can't refuse. Somewhere in the $2-5M area, and they'll continue to make the movies.

Kristian's new name will be $500k-slay. No more beat up cars or cheap beer after that. They'll be skiiing with Metallica.

ftrain

Website
www.core6.com
I watched schooled last night. It was some of the best East Coast skiing!!! So what other videos are out by Meathead on DVD?
Where was that skiing in Canada
A great buy for even your children to watch!

hiroto

k-slay said:
na, he'll be fine. There is no language or nudity, a couple shots of skiers drinking some beer, thats about all.

Thanks k-slay. I just ordered one from skiershop.com. It will be fun to watch
it with my kids.